GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I spent like 10 year working in medical field, back in early 1970's we had bad Flu thing.

I got exposed to all sorts of bug & germs.

Never got any Flu shots, did get Flu one for like 5 days.

Two man double shifts, lack of sleep, but I recovered.

·
In The Saddle
7,142 Posts
Never had one in 69 years...

CM

·
Registered
894 Posts
Had them throw in a little bleach in mine.........it was either that or Lysol that I heard was good to go for the virus too.....................

·
Gringo Viejo
28,526 Posts
My wife and I got ours today. Also the pneumonia shot. One hurt and the other didn't. tom. :dunno:

·
Don't Jump!
4,257 Posts
There will not be a Flu this year.

The procedures, rules and restrictions (masks, social distancing, shutdowns, hand sanitizer, etc.) that are in place and in use for Covid will keep the Flu away.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Nope every time I get the shot I get the flu.

Nope vaccines don't do nothin'!

Nope there's a chip in it that will track everything I do!(Sent from my iphone loaded with apps in my possession and on 24/7)

Nope it made my aunts sisters brothers friends cousin autistic.

Nope that's how the chem trails get you!

Reactions: Haldor and MaxB

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
I got mine last week, as a result I died from CoVid. At least that Is what the letter my wife got said.

J/K. But I do expect the CoVid letter soon.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Yes I get mine every year, no crazy stories or anecdotes.

Vaccines work.

I got mine last Friday. My arm was a bit sore a few hours. I hope that if I'm unfortunate enough to catch the covid I don't end up also getting the flu and lowering my odds.

I've been getting the flu vaccine and all recommended vaccines with no ill effects my whole life. I'll go with proven peer reviewed science and enjoy not getting sick.

The ridiculous reasons I hear from people for not getting vaccines is a little saddening as it's indicative of how many willfully embrace ignorance. My hope is that the most vocal are not the majority and we're not on the edge of a new intellectual dark age in spite of the wonderful tools and resources at our disposal.

Never mind just get out your crystals, essential oils, and vitamin C and burn some sage!

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
got it yesterday at Hyvee. They used a bandaid that looks like a little padded donut with a fine film in the middle. They put the bandaid on first then shot thru the film. Interesting.

·
NRA Life Member
28,440 Posts
Didn't get one yet but we will.
Last year Publix gave out a $10 gift card to each person getting their free flu shot.
Wife and I walked away with flu shots and $20 to use toward purchasing food.
Hoping they do that again.
They are still doing it this year - at least in my area. I spent my $10 last week.

:D

·
NRA Life Member
28,440 Posts
Were any of the people that said they had never had any flu shots ever in the military ? If so, you and I may have something in common.

Funny story ( not Ha-Ha funny ) about shots.

When I got to my first AF assignment base, I got a note from the Base Hospital after a month that included a shot record card and asked me to come to the hospital to get the required shots. I was bemoaning the fact that I had to get a half dozen shots when my QC Sargent walked into the office. He said, " No problem Ell Tee, give me your shot record. " So I did.

The next morning, I walked into my office and the shot record was sitting on my desk. It had been stamped and signed off my some Dr. with an individual entries for about a dozen shots on it. I did not question Sgt. Snodgrass; I just thanked him. Luckily I never did get sick from anything that the shots would have prevented.

Fast forward to three years later when I got orders to SEA. I , by then, had heard about all the nasty diseases people were catching in VietNam. So I took my record card to the hospital and told the orderly, " I have orders for SEA and need all the shots on this card. " He looked at the card and said, " No Sir, you are current for everything ".

I looked him in the eye and said, " No, I NEED ALL the shots on this card. " He replied that he understood and said to follow him where I got all my shots.

The gamma globulin was the worst.

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,813 Posts
I forgot...for the 20th year in a row.

One the bright side, with all this social distancing and virtual learning nonsense, I suspect this will be the most mild flu season on record (more reason to skip it again).

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,583 Posts
Yes and a shingles vaccine. The next day my arm look like someone took a baseball bat to it.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts