GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
USN Retired
7,533 Posts
I got the high-dose version for seniors on Monday 8/24/2020.

As usual:
- no charge (at the pharmacy at my local grocery store)
- no pain (never felt a thing)
- no bleeding
- no hematoma
- no side effects whatsoever
- no mess
- no fuss
Did it include the free micro-chip?

I heard a new one, today, from a co-worker.
The Flu shot from last year or the past couple years had the covid antibodies included, causing folks to now pop positive for covid.

Reactions: Haldor

·
JAFO
13,659 Posts
Never had one in my life and doubt I ever will. Asked the nurse my last Dr visit how many that worked in the office gets them and she said none of them. :dunno:

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Too early for us. Mid to late Oct is typical if we do it that year. We've been hit and miss over the last handful of years. I think this year, we will get it. Never had a bad reaction to a flu shot and I want to limit the chances of needing to go to an ER with the flu and ending up with the 'Rona.
Just curious, is there any advantage to waiting? I assume it is the same shot and either will last the season. Planned on next week but if there is a reason to wait I would.
Way too early for a flu vaccination, especially for older folks. Best to get it in late Sep or early Oct.
My doctor says Oct or at the earliest late Sept. The protection begins to fade after a while, before the flu season has ended. We go for the high dose, in mid OCT.

·
Registered
893 Posts
My doctor usually starts contacting in September. I always get one asap. Covered with insurance, and I’ve never had any bad reactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,347 Posts
I read an article earlier this week where an infectious disease doc was urging folks to get their flu shots as early as possible this year. Me and the Mrs usually wait until the end of September or early October. We will get them early this year. Insurance pays for them.

·
USN Retired
7,533 Posts
My family doctor of 15 years said the only shot I should get is for shingles. He said he doesn't take a flu shot.
I usually get it.
I'm not going to, this year.

·
NRA Life Member
4,778 Posts
There might be a run on vaccines, so I will probably go this weekend to CVS.....

I usually get mine early in the year and no side effects.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Haven't but I will.

My work gives out free flu shots.

And one thing I learned a long time ago, never turn down free drugs.

But they used to be better drugs.

·
Galloglaich
455 Posts
I haven't got either a flu or pneumonia shot since I stopped working for my rich uncle, I've never had either disease over the years so I don't really worry about it.

Reactions: rayzer007

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Most of the people I've known who got a flu shot - got the flu, and after enjoying many years without getting the flu I wondered what the benefit of getting a flu shot would be to me? That said I've never gotten one nor was it ever advised during the years that I was on the biologics Enbrel and Humira.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Doc on TV said if you get one this early you need a booster by January. It's a bit early, but work gives them free in early Sept so there I'll be.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I’ll get it in October as usual. Last year it was ineffective anyway.
Last year was hit or miss. But the Flu swept through my household. Six of us. Four got it. First, my wife. She didn't move for 48 hours. I was worried. Then, three of my kids got it. Me and the youngest never got it. The two most susceptible didn't get it.

We took care of the infirmed. We did hang out in my room for a couple days, but our house is too small to avoid contact. But we made it out. 2 out of 6.

Reactions: Caver 60
21 - 40 of 101 Posts