GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the high-dose version for seniors on Monday 8/24/2020.

As usual:
- no charge (at the pharmacy at my local grocery store)
- no pain (never felt a thing)
- no bleeding
- no hematoma
- no side effects whatsoever
- no mess
- no fuss

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
got mine last week with same experience as Mr. Clean. my wife thought it was a good idea. hard for me to get the flu as I hardly go out with the virus and 80% humidity.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,142 Posts
I usually get mine in the fall at the VA hospital but they're kind of shut down now. So that's something I need to ask about.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I usually wait for second one that actually works. And then I’m 50/50 if I decide to get it.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't get one yet but we will.
Last year Publix gave out a $10 gift card to each person getting their free flu shot.
Wife and I walked away with flu shots and $20 to use toward purchasing food.
Hoping they do that again.
I got a coupon good until 12/31/2020 for 10% off on any one grocery receipt.
I always save it until Thanksgiving.
That is when I usually buy the most groceries and that way the 10% adds up to a BIG savings!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I usually wait until late October or novermber to get mine.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Didn't get one yet but we will.
Last year Publix gave out a $10 gift card to each person getting their free flu shot.
Wife and I walked away with flu shots and $20 to use toward purchasing food.
Hoping they do that again.
I use mine towards a sixer of good beer :)

Reactions: G30SF/F-250

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Got mine today. Insurance or my Medicare part B paid for it

My Eagle tattoo (on my deltoid) got it right in the beak. Didn’t seem to bother him at all. :)

Came home and worked out. So far so good.

·
What did I come in here for?
10,945 Posts
Yes, last week, but CVS did not indicate if it was "high dose". :fist:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Too early for us. Mid to late Oct is typical if we do it that year. We've been hit and miss over the last handful of years. I think this year, we will get it. Never had a bad reaction to a flu shot and I want to limit the chances of needing to go to an ER with the flu and ending up with the 'Rona.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Probably next week. Just gave up a pint of blood because or high iron so give it a few days foe me to fill back up.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Just curious, is there any advantage to waiting? I assume it is the same shot and either will last the season. Planned on next week but if there is a reason to wait I would.

Too early for us. Mid to late Oct is typical if we do it that year. We've been hit and miss over the last handful of years. I think this year, we will get it. Never had a bad reaction to a flu shot and I want to limit the chances of needing to go to an ER with the flu and ending up with the 'Rona.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
My boss' opinion is that it's a little early yet. But plenty have come by our pharmacy to get theirs already.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Just curious, is there any advantage to waiting? I assume it is the same shot and either will last the season. Planned on next week but if there is a reason to wait I would.
I have read on govt websites that protection begins to fade after several months. If the season peaks late, your protection could be lower.

We're in Hotlanta so cooler autumn weather doesn't get here at least until late Oct.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts