Anyone else find it troubling...

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by minuteman32, Sep 6, 2007.

1. minuteman32

minuteman32 NRA & GOA Life

That a public street in downtown Indy can be blocked off & citizens be denied the right to exercize their rights under the IN Constitution, sec.1 article 32? This, just because there are singers & national news folks there!:steamed:

2. sjstill

sjstill Guest

Were they wanding??

To be quite honest, at 4.00, I was heading the other way, doing my best to avoid the crowds.

At least they had the decency to use the East end of the Market during lunch hour today :steamed:

3. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I just find it disturbing that the cOLTS aren't self supporting and we have to buy them a second dome:sad:

4. Scutter01

Scutter01

Hey, now. The extra 2% tax (on top of the existing 2% tax for the previous dome) will only be on the books for another 150 years and then it'll all be paid for! Won't that be grand?

5. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Guest

So back to the OP, are you forbidden to carry on the circle tonight? I just heard that they were funneling everyone through the one enterance. Are they expressly saying no to legal licensed carry?

6. epsylum

epsylum Guest

I believe you have the answer Minuteman. That cute little P32 you have. ;) Last time I checked downtown area during a football game was not listed as a place that was illegal to carry in.

7. IPDBrad

IPDBrad Guest

I think we need to do whatever the government feels is necessary to protect Kelly Clarkson and Faith Hill from gun toters.

;)

8. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

But football fans are a tough crowd, prone to violence. We should support the disarming of this group for the greater good and for general public safety. This should supercede any other State or Federal law, as it is an NFL night. Just don't propose this during the Expo week, because enforcing safety with arbitrary laws aimed at a certain crowd at that particular time would get you in trouble... even with a documented history of problems. C'mon guys, this all makes perfectly good sense to someone somewhere who needs your tax money!

Discriminating against music and Colts fans is okay because they will tolerate the oppression.

Stop me if I accidentally start making sense...

9. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

:supergrin:

Probably more to protect the likes of "John Cougar *******":supergrin:

10. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Guest

Um, Brad, Kelly Clarkson is doing her best to protect herself by eating herself a protective layer of protective blubber.

Faith Hill? Oh, man, I cannot believe I am this age and still have thoughts like that. . . . oh, man, oh, man, Faith Hill.

Can anyone else testify to this? What happened exactly?

11. mpholic

mpholic

I saw a news video clip where they were patting down people. Very short long distance clip so it was hard to tell whether they had wands in hand or not. The clip made no reference as to what time of day this was or whether they did this at all entrances.

I agree with Minuteman, this is just plain wrong.

12. IPDBrad

IPDBrad Guest

On the news they showed a clip up the searches with the story. looked like back of hand side patdowns only....i.e. useless feel good for the organizer security.

Good point boilergonzo!

13. IPDBrad

IPDBrad Guest

http://thebosh.com/archives/2007/05/kelly_clarksons_fat_problems.php

Kelly Clarkson’s Fat Problems
    Gossip

Kelly Clarkson’s Fat Problems

Kelly Clarkson’s new album is in trouble and her love life is in shambles, so it’s not surprising that the unusually feisty singer seems miserable these days. Besides the stress of having to redo several songs, sources tell Star that Kelly’s down in the dumps over her lacking love life and ballooning figure. Kelly is desperate to lose 25 pound before her summer tour kicks off in mid-July and before the release of her eagerly anticipated album, My December.

A source close to Kelly reveals, “She feels pressure from her label, her handlers, and her friends to lose weight. She’s always moaning about how she can’t find a boyfriend and she blames this dry spell on her weight.”

Additionally, executives at Kelly’s label were not the happiest with the songs she wrote and produced herself. Kelly might feel better about herself if she tackled her body the way she approaches her career with consistent hard work. “Sometimes she’s in the studio for 14 hours and the only food she eats is fast food, potato chips, and candy bars.”

Kelly drinks a lot of soda, and hates working out. Those close to Kelly, say the real problem is her low self-esteem. “The way Kelly looks and feels now, Kelly isn’t going to let a man love her, [which is what she may need] to get off this negative merry-go-round.”

Meanwhile, Kelly Clarkson has dismissed reports her new album was panned by record executives, insisting the rumors are unfounded reports FemaleFirst UK.

She tells Mtv.com, "This time everybody made a big deal about the record, but that's happened every record.

"I've never once compromised myself. I don't think you should, that's when you start to lose fans and credibility. I think you definitely need to keep doing what you love, because I'm the one that needs to sing it every night."

14. minuteman32

Sorry, I couldn't get online to reply until now.

I was irritated that they were prohibiting, along w/ other things, "weapons", on a public street. I realize I'm a little more sensitive to this as I was rather outspoken (yet ignored) regarding the violation of rights for anyone who wishes to participate in state government. I also have a job that requires me to go to different schools @ different times & therefore precludes me from carrying @ all, all day!

I get the distinct feeling that the waters are being tested more & more, right here in IN, on the tolerance of the public towards making more & more places off limits to the legally armed (among other things).

If I would've had the time, energy & funds to fight it, I would've happily gone down to the circle packing 1 or more of my Glocks to see if they would turn me away. But, alas, I was too busy, pooped & broke!

15. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Guest

minuteman32

How did you come to this knowledge that they were "prohibiting, along w/ other things, "weapons", on a public street"? Is this documented anywhere?

16. minuteman32

From the ...... (cough) .... TV news. I was watching the news the other night while they were doing their story on the activities on the circle and they listed, "What not to bring". In addition to "coolers, bags, etc." they had "weapons" listed. That, and they were doing cursory "pat downs" on people that wanted to enter the area. Now I didn't go there myself & I haven't talked to anyone who did, so I don't knooooow that they would deny entry to the area if someone attempted to enter while armed & w/ a LTC & were discovered. From what I understand, they erected barriers around the circle, leaving about 6' for people to access the businesses on the circle, but that if you wanted to go beyond the barrier, you would be searched.

I suppose that as long as I didn't carry any of the hardware that I own that has actually been used as a "weapon", I could've argued that these are just some of my guns & knives, but none have been used as a weapon ..... yet.:supergrin:

17. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Guest

As been quoted may times here:

IC 35-47-11-2
    Regulation of firearms by units other than townships
    Sec. 2. Notwithstanding IC 36-1-3, a unit may not regulate in any manner the ownership, possession, sale, transfer, or transportation of firearms (as defined in IC 35-47-1-5) or ammunition except as follows:
    (1) This chapter does not apply to land, buildings, or other real property owned or administered by a unit, except highways (as defined in IC 8-23-1-23) or public highways (as defined in IC 8-2.1-17-14).

IC 8-23-1-23
    "Highway, street, or road" defined
    Sec. 23. "Highway, street, or road" means a public way for purposes of vehicular traffic, including the entire area within the right-of-way. However, the term does not include a highway for purposes of IC 8-2.1.
    As added by P.L.18-1990, SEC.181.

IC 8-2.1-17-14
    "Public highway"
    Sec. 14. "Public highway" means a street, alley, road, highway, or thoroughfare in Indiana used by the traveling public.
    As added by P.L.99-1989, SEC.8.

18. hiram2005p0

hiram2005p0

I was wondering when watching the mess on tv, does anyone now have a comparison of this little get together with the "EXPO" as far as numbers of illegal firearm episodes in each one? I can pretty well guess anyway!:shocked:

19. IPDBrad

IPDBrad Guest

What I find more interesting is the difference in manpower requirements for Expo/Classic and any other event in town.

Ex: Indy 500 300-400,000 people
    100 cops

Expo/Classic 60,000 people
    400 cops

Never heard of a firearms arrest at any of the races, nor any of the special events downtown, excluding Expo/Classic.

Now there will be Public Intox arrests, however, not all arrests are created equal. Obviously, a PI is much less serious than a handgun.