close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jameson4all, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Jameson4all

Jameson4all

I am finding the tv commercials lately to be more than annoying. I know they make them to be repetitive but dang, I feel like I get mind F'd to the point I mute the tv during. Anyone else?

2. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Your complaint is why I no longer watch TV and haven't for close to 10 years now. I watch DVD's from Netflix or from my own library.

3. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

its the reason I DVR. I try to watch shows, but a commercial comes on and i turn it only to find something else to watch until a commercial comes on that station and I forget what I was watching on the first station and move on. :supergrin:

And to heck with sporting events.

4. droidfire

droidfire

Books don't have commercials - :wavey:

I could never sit through watching something on a screen for very long anyways. Maybe an episode of hogan's heroes once in a while but nothing much longer.

Need something a bit more interactive I suppose, the whole one-way thing gets old real quick.

If you are getting burnt out by it, maybe try spending your time on something else?

5. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

DVR.

Worth its weight in gold. Nothing more satisfying than fast forwarding through commercials. For sporting events, we usually let it record for about an hour, and then start watching the game and fast forward through commercials, too.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  6. knightkrawler00

knightkrawler00

As was already mentioned, DVR and books. I still have a problem watching tv, even without commercials, but a good book can really grab my attention.

I heard on the radio a while back that there was technology being worked on that wouldn't allow a person to skip commercials, but the ability to override that technology was also being worked on at the same time:rofl:.

7. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I have DirecTV, and their high def DVR. I *literally* don't watch anything live anymore. I record everything, have "season passes" setup and it grabs everything I like.

Commercials come on and I zip past them. I've been doing this for over 10 years (started out with Tivo for the first 9 and using the DirecTV for the last one).

8. The Hawk

The Hawk

The mute button is your friend. My wife has the ability to tune commercials out (as well as other things). They drive me nuts. Therefore, I hit the mute button as soon as they come on. They are a good opportunity to grab a wobbly pop and not miss your show.

9. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Give it time. I'm sure in the nearest future there will be ad-supported "free" books for Kindle.

And as the next logical step, we will have ads in paid books as well (just like we have commercials in cable/satellite programs we already paid for).

10. Jameson4all

Jameson4all

Well its good to know its not just me. The bulk the commercials I encounter are while watching baseball games. We usually DVR the shows we like but the ball games I watch real time.

11. OrangePwr9

OrangePwr9

No TV here, so I only watch them at the GF's house. Annoying is right, but there's a fun game that can be played with new ads:
    Try to guess what it is they're trying to sell. Some of the ads come at the subject from such an odd angle that it's a real challenge. Some you have to watch 2 or 3 times to figure it out.

You wonder why they bothered running the ad at all.

12. itstime

itstime

I can sit through a commercial and put into my mind NOT to buy the product for what they just did to me. Really.

I agree. I watch a commercial and turn to my GF and say WTH. Really? Are viewers really that stupid now?