close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone else ever get video game tunnel vision?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by emt1581, Jan 2, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I haven't played video games a great deal since Nintendo's NES when I was a little kid. I played the original PS a few years ago but only a few times.

However, for the past few weeks when I'm at my station I'll play different combat games on some game system. It has wireless/charged white controllers that are white. It connects to play with others around the world and there's a light on the controllers that lets you know which player you are.

Anyways, the game really sucks me in and what I've been finding is that if I'm playing for an hour or two I get into a tunnel vision mode of sorts where if I drive home or go get something to eat, it still looks like the video game in terms of how I perceive things.

Anyone know what I mean? It's sort of like my brain has difficulty adjusting from "game" to "reality" for a few minutes after I stop playing.

Maybe I just need to play more and get used to it??

-Emt1581

2. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL

3. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

Or less...:whistling:

* I just discovered the new call of duty at a friends house! Im goin over tomorrow to play after work:rofl:

4. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

I get tired of playing Pong after about 10 minutes. I fail to see how I could continue to "see" a little white cube bouncing around.

5. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

What you're playing on is probably an XBox 360, just so you know.

And, no, I don't develop that sort of "tunnel vision," and I've played my fair share.

6. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

No no...I never got like this with any other game/system I've played. I used to play Mario Bros. for hours on end when I was young...NEVER experienced anything like this.

I don't know if it is how real the games are or the hand-eye coordination to work the buttons or what but these are MUCH different from Pong and the earlier more simple games.

BTW, you ever going to answer me in the other threads with the 10/22 gatling gun? ;)

-Emt1581

7. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout Impossiblist

your new years resolution wasnt what i hoped it would be, apparently.

8. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Same goes for you.

-Emt1581

9. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

Sometimes when i try to go to sleep after a few hrs on COD I still see the game in my eyes when I close them. Used to happen with Tetris when I was a kid. I'd play so long that I'd have tetris blocks everytime I closed my eyes and it was very hard to go to sleep. Same thing here.

10. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Yeah sort of happens to me after watching fireworks on July 4th. On the way home all the street lights look like fireworks shooting into the sky...because my eyes are used to telling my brain that bright lights will soon burst into fireworks.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

11. 280Z

280Z

Years ago I played a computer combat flight simulator for 4.5 hours straight. When your plane was shot down it would go into a spin. I tried to go to sleep when I quit playing for the night and couldn't because all I would see when I shut my eyes was that spinning screen. Made me sick to my stomach!

The worst part was I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open, I wanted to sleep but couldn't close my eyes. :rofl:

Guitar Hero gave me a headache the first time I played it too, only lasted 15min before I had to stop.

12. Turtle13

Turtle13 Ni!

Wait til you start answering "ok" mindlessly to things that are said to you while in the middle of a gaming session.

13. djpuffnstuff

djpuffnstuff

This is the worst. Fiance has video taped some of these questions to me before, so that she had proof that I agreed to do whatever ridiculous task it was she wanted me to do.

Last one was she asked me to paint the cars and water the beehive. I immediately gave her they "yeah babe sure thing" auto response. She is holding the video for blackmail purposes of getting me to do stuff I don't want to do (shopping for instance).

14. JAY-TX

JAY-TX

I never got the tunnel vision.
    But every once in a while I'll day dream while playing a game. I will start thinking about buying a gun or something, and just kinda zone out for awhile. The funny thing is that I have set some ridiculous high scores while doing this. It usually happens on racing games.

15. 88_gurgel

88_gurgel

I play with headphones on... so yes the tunnel vision occurs for me a little bit. My wife sometimes has to throw things at me to get my attention.

16. Bado

Bado

I played a massive amount of Delta Force Land Warrior as a sniper many years ago when it came out. Just driving down the highway I would be picking out good sniper positions all the time. Not tunnel vision, but game was definitly in my head.

17. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

I get the tunnel vision thing about my productive work. I have a job.

18. Bado

Bado

Damn, that would suck to be working, even when you are not working.

19. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I hate that in 2009, the flatness of the TV and the still-cartoonish nature of the graphics makes me have problems picking up the badguys in a FPS. I've got a PS3. GREAT graphics. Still a bear to pick up the BG at times. In real life - he's RIGHT THERE! Human moving in real-world is a very easy thing to see. I can't see distant bad-guys on video games. Thank goodness for tracers or I'd never know where the shots were coming from.