GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try not to drink soda too often anymore, so when I do I usually don't want a boring, HFCS-laden can of Coke. Recently I came upon Jarritos, a brand of real sugar sweetened sodas from Mexico. Available in pineapple, mandarin, tamarind, fruit punch, strawberry, lime, grapefruit, mxcn cola, jamaica (uses hibiscus), and guava. (They need to add grape, like a Nehi.) The flavors and the natural sweetener just put most any high-fructose-corn-slop sweetened big brand soda to shame. I'd still need a root beer occasionally though. Unfortunately my local grocery doesn't carry all those flavors, yet, but anyway the sodas come in a nicely decorated/textured glass 12.5 oz, bottle, and at my store they're 77 cents each. Was 67 cents earlier this year, so I'm wondering if this brand is starting to catch on a bit. Even at 77 cents, seems like a helluva bargain to me.

Worth a try, if you see it.

·
Registered
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never hear of it.

sounds like a gin and Jarritos is in order

If you go to their website, you can search for your nearest store selling them.

Reactions: catman71

·
Flux Capacitor Technician
3,592 Posts
A few of the local stores here carry Coke from Mexico that is sweetened with real sugar. It’s quite a bit more expensive than regular US Coke but when you take a drink it all becomes worth it.

·
M62/76
11,948 Posts
As a rule, I don’t drink soda (outside of a mixer), but I’ve seen those and they look tasty.

Reactions: Grabbrass

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I try not to drink soda too often anymore, so when I do I usually don't want a boring, HFCS-laden can of Coke. Recently I came upon Jarritos, a brand of real sugar sweetened sodas from Mexico. Available in pineapple, mandarin, tamarind, fruit punch, strawberry, lime, grapefruit, mxcn cola, jamaica (uses hibiscus), and guava. (They need to add grape, like a Nehi.) The flavors and the natural sweetener just put most any high-fructose-corn-slop sweetened big brand soda to shame. I'd still need a root beer occasionally though. Unfortunately my local grocery doesn't carry all those flavors, yet, but anyway the sodas come in a nicely decorated/textured glass 12.5 oz, bottle, and at my store they're 77 cents each. Was 67 cents earlier this year, so I'm wondering if this brand is starting to catch on a bit. Even at 77 cents, seems like a helluva bargain to me.

yes i love them. im a fan too and of topo chico mineral water too...

·
Registered
941 Posts

jarritos grapefruit and mandarin fkabors are better than Mexican Coke.

·
Registered
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jarritos grapefruit and mandarin fkabors are better than Mexican Coke.
Thanks I haven't seen the Mexican Cola one yet but I have to try it when I get a chance, just to satisfy the curiosity. My favorites are pineapple and fruit punch.

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,015 Posts
I've never seen it nor heard of it before -- the only 'regular sugar' stuff out here is "real" coca cola from Mexico in squatty-lookin' glass bottles.
Hummm...... not than I'm SUPER into soda-type drinks, but it sounds interesting.....

·
NOT MOD APPROVED
8,679 Posts
Yup. My local 7-11 has the Mandarina in the fountain drink section. I used to get them in the glass bottles, but after encountering one with mold in it, I'm a bit reticent to drink them.

·
Registered
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup. My local 7-11 has the Mandarina in the fountain drink section. I used to get them in the glass bottles, but after encountering one with mold in it, I'm a bit reticent to drink them.
Just sounds like a seal failure in the cap. You might spend the rest of your life looking for another and die trying.

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
Yeah, Kroger sells them.

Most of their flavors I find just sugar water - pretty flavorless. I was excited to see a tamarind soda but it is not good.

The best one is the orange.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,057 Posts
If it's like the mexican ice cream products I'll pass

1 - 20 of 22 Posts