close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone conceal glock 19 with a light on it

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by kave, Jan 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. kave

kave

hey guys. wandering about adding a streamlight to a glock 19. raven holsters work great iwb for my kahr pm9, but i feel much more better with my glock. raven has a quick ship holster for the glock 19 with a streamlight for iwb carry. anyone use this set up or is it too much to conceal iwb. thanks

2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Just about zero applicability for ccw, but if you feel compelled to carry a mounted light in your waistband for some reason, raven isn't bad.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser

For my G19 I have the insight M3X and use the Fobus M3 holster. Allows you to carry the M3X next to your spare mag for night time use if needed.

I went this route over looking for a gun/light specific holster. With so many light options these days, a simple light change, and that holster no longer works.

Insight has many choices in the M series lights, lasers, LED, etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My carry setup.....

[​IMG]

4. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Do they even still make M3X's? Note that holsters that accommodate M3 lights do not necessarily also accommodate an M3X. If you want current technology, look at the TLR-1. Though good for home defense, there's little reason for a mounted light for ccw. That said, a mounted light is just that. Don't fool yourself and think that, in a life or death situation, you will be mounting your light in situ.

5. 4Rules

4Rules

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser

Yes they do.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/inteflli.html

The M3 holster may fit other insight lights, it appears they really haven't changed the rail attatchment design or the rocker switch on the back.
    Wish I knew people close to me with a wide variety of lights to test this.

Insight appears to be the only light that has an optional holster. Uncle mikes, Fobus, Blackhawk all support the Insight M series

Now, Blackhawk makes a dual rail holster made for the M series light but it may accomodate a wider variety of lights.

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/p...n-Fiber+Dual+Rail+Accessory+Platform+-+Paddle

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  7. 4Rules

4Rules

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser

Yes the M3X has slightly larger dimensions than the M3,
    Which points out my reasoning on giong with the light holster option over a gun/light specific holster. A simple light change can render an expensive holster useless.

M3
    Dimensions: 3.4" L x 1.57" W x 1.52" H

M3X
    Dimensions: 3.4”L x 1.6”W x 1.6”H

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser

10. Reaver2218

Reaver2218

nah I carry my 19 @3 to 4 oclock position with my extra mag @8 to 9oclock position and a flashlight in my front pocket

11. Beeman

Beeman NRA MEMBER

I have a Comp Tac C-tac holster for the G19&TLR-1. I carry this combo occasionally during the summer at night. I just picked up and Aker paddle holster for my P226&TLR-1 this week. So far I am pleased with both holsters. If you can take some night time defensive shooting courses.

12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

A handheld light is much more practical, for many reasons. My 4Sevens light clips to the bottom of my Safariland 123 horizontal mag carrier. It's a much better (brighter and wider cone) light than any weapon mounted light too.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  13. arnettjd10

arnettjd10

for the past week i have been carrying a Glock 19 with a TLR-1 attached in a Ravens Concealment holster. i carry it OWB and just wear a light jacket and it conceals great! and its very comfortable.