Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a runner and I go for runs in some pretty remote rural areas sometimes. I was wondering if anyone here carries while on their daily jog or while riding a bike. Thanks!

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,633 Posts
I have only carried a weapon running while on duty. So I am probably not a lot of help for you

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes to both.

Fanny pack works well. You have to find one that provides enough space for your Glock, two spare magazines, a cell phone, a spare cell phone battery, a tactical light, spare batteries for that, your wallet with your CCW and DL, your tactical folder, a signaling mirror, a compass, a map, and a whistle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Either the 19 or 30 when I'm mountainbiking-not the best palace for it but beats not having it at all. There is a nice outside compartment I can get to pretty quick.

·
Expert Marksman
698 Posts
I carry my G19 with me when I am walking my Labs. Don Hume IWB but attached inside front pocket of jeans with shirt pulled over. Had a few Pit Bulls run loose in my neighborhood recently. No chances here...

·
Registered
66 Posts
To old to jog but do bike and hike and it is either G26, 27, 19, or 20, depending on the season and where. In summer G26 IWB while biking.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Yes to both.

Fanny pack works well. You have to find one that provides enough space for your Glock, two spare magazines, a cell phone, a spare cell phone battery, a tactical light, spare batteries for that, your wallet with your CCW and DL, your tactical folder, a signaling mirror, a compass, a map, and a whistle.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Man, you must be jogging in some pretty remote places. I only go around the block.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
117,494 Posts
am i the only one who doesnt change his setup at all when i bike?
Probably.

Most cyclists don't wear belts; look around, most wear cycling specific shorts and sometimes even jerseys.

Belly bands, fanny packs (small, worn on the side), and hydration packs (very slow access) are by far the most popular ways to carry concealed while cycling.

·
freakin' sweet!
91 Posts
G19 in a CTAC when running, and in my Camelback Lobo when I'm on the mountain bike. Haven't found the ideal solution for the road bike (tight jersey) yet.

I just bought one of these:
5.11 holster shirt,
hoping it would snug the 19 up without being too bulky and noticable. It's a nice shirt, but unfortunately it's a little more bulky than I was hoping, the G19 is still very evident under my jersey, and I'm not completely comfortable with the trigger protection. The search continues...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts