close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone carry a fixed blade?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by emt1581, Mar 20, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I know that the HAK's were popular (not sure if they still are) and those HRT type neck knives I've seen a few guys wear.

One guy at my station actually caries this angled blade that I've seen a ton of times, on his belt at around 4 o'clock instead of a gun. I swear if he ever draws it he's going to cut his kidney out!

Anyways, I'm just curious if anyone carries a fixed blade as their EDC gear?

What do you carry?

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

2. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo

EDC a clinch pick (shivworks) weakside (11 o'clock). I can't recommend it highly enough.

3. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Yes. I daily carry a TOPS Wolf Pup, support side, in front of my spare magazine. :)

[​IMG]

4. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Just out of curiosity, how long does a blade have to be to hit vitals when stabbing?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

5. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

Yes a RAT Izula . Especially if traveling to San Antonio where lock blade knives are illegal.

6. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Lockbacks are illegal there?? That's shocking considering it's freaking Texas!!!

I love my Izula!! I carry it in my GHB. Little bastard is SHARP though! I cut my index to the bone with it last year.

-Emt1581

7. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I carry the larger version of the Ka-Bar TDI knife from time to time. I ditched the molle straps that comes with it and tied a piece of 550 paracord into the top eyelit hole on each side of the sheath.

I slip my belt through the cord and then the sheath in between my belt and pants. The scales then ride high enough above my waistline to allow an easy grip. I carry it in the small of back location when I do have it. Even with the angle the knife has, I can access it with either hand if I need to.

8. Gear

Gear Silver C/O Silver Member

As of now I have a Blackhawk Crucible FX2 strapped to my side. I carry a Kabar TDI when the occasion requires a smaller more concealable knife.

9. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

I have a S&W fixed blade I carry when I'm on duty. Other than that it's a folder that I carry.

10. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo

Techically, I believe they are, but you can sit in any restaurant and see knife clips for every model of knife imaginable... my understanding is that it is more of a "tack-on" for LE if they are looking at other crimes.

Yes, I understand that it IS a law, but i've never, ever heard of it being enforced.

As far as how far a knife has to be to hit a vital, it depends on which vital. The jugular and many arteries are near surface level. Muscle/nerve is shallow as well (more to the "defanging the snake" kali philosophy)

11. 05FLHT

05FLHT

I carry the Izula as a neck knife using para chord and a break away. I've been meaning to try and tie it off on a belt, but just haven't gotten around to it. Wearing it around my neck is comfortable and quite convenient to put on/take off.