Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wifey and I are thinking of going next year. Anybody here, been there?

·
Registered
8,874 Posts
You going to watch or actually run with the bulls?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
In the Navy I spent some time in Rota, Spain. A couple of times, guys from the ship went running with the bulls. Both time somebody got hurt. The Captain said "No more." Not that I would've personally don it anyway.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
No. But I've been to Walmart on a Black Friday. Lol

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I have never been but Ernest Hemingway seemed to enjoy the bullfights and such. I have to guess is would be a good time.

No. But I've been to Walmart on a Black Friday. Lol
:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I get all the bull I need right here on Glock Talk.

·
15,498 Posts
I've been there and observed that the guys that run along side the bulls, where they can jump into doorways and so forth, fair better than the guys that run ahead of the bulls. After deducing this, I communicated to my wife and orthopedic surgeon that with my new strategy this might be an activity I want to challenge; my wife was dead set against it, but my orthopod was ambivalent, perhaps because it's his job to fix me when I'm broken.

·
ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ
3,532 Posts
A friend of mine has gone every year since about 1982. Ran from '82 till about '95. Now the problem isn't the bulls, it's the people. You get something like 4,000 people all trying to crowd through the gate into the stadium. Oh, and a couple cows. :upeyes:

He still goes, but now just sits on the balcony and sips sangria. In the same house he's stayed at since '82. :cool:

·
No place like home
7,347 Posts
No although it is something I have always thought I would like to see. As far as actual participation is concerned, this is something I would be more included to do:

Once a year every town and city in Catalonia celebrates its Grand Festival. The streets fill with merrymakers who are only too glad to let strangers join in the fun. Many places keep up traditional customs of ancient origin. In the region of Tarragona you can wonder at the agility and strength of the Castellers as they build their spectacular human towers. Teams of men stand on each others' shoulders in an effort to build the highest human tower. Each tower, which can be up to seven stories high, is topped by a young child called the anxaneta. Castellers can be seen in action in many towns, especially Vilafranca del Pened and Valls.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=K1HWyUIZ5kk&feature=player_embedded"]Casteller - YouTube[/ame]

·
Robby The Guy
901 Posts
Wifey and I are thinking of going next year. Anybody here, been there?
I ran it in 2007, and would do it again in a heartbeat if I got the chance. My advice, stay for at least a couple days and run it multiple times.

·
21,360 Posts
They are starting to offer similar events here in the U.S. I think they just had one recently in Virginia.

·
Tin Kicker
10,395 Posts
Haven't been.
I'm game. It's on my bucket list.
Do you have local connections?

·
Native Mainiac
24,537 Posts
I worked in Spain for 8 years plus. I never even thought about running with the bulls.

But one morning, my two ace gas turbine engineers were late coming into work. Normally they were 110% reliable. I was worried if they'd been in a car accident or something, and cell phone calls went unanswered.

They showed up just before lunch, and their excuse was they had been to Pamplona and ran with the bulls. I believed them and later saw the pictures. To this day I envy those young kids...:supergrin:

It's not something than many people can honestly say they did in their lives. However, I still root for the bulls....:whistling:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts