Anyone been through a BREAK-Up recently?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Peace Warrior, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Did it suck?!?

I don't have the typical vices (drinking, drugs etc.), so instead I've been in bed or the computer all day playing video games and using food for comfort. My meal(s) today have consisted of 1 1/2 pounds of sliced meat from the deli on four or five sandwiches along with about a half-gallon of ice cream.

I knew this coming (for over a week), but I didn't think I'd be so worse for wear when it was finalized.

Sucks to be me right now...

(any Christians out there with some advice or encouragement? If so, I am all ears!)

2. trifecta

trifecta

You might talk to BEER. The guy, not the drink. At least you didn't break up over your girl being pregnant with another guys baby.

3. Peace Warrior

Yeah, I remember Beer's thread... at least this ain't that bad.

4. brian321

brian321

Just give it time and you will start feeling better. I have been single for over 2 years because i got tired of all the drama. Hope you feel better.

5. buckhunter3987

buckhunter3987

Yeah just a week and a half ago. Mine made no sense at all and I didn't see it coming, seemed to me like we were in love just the weekend before. I got alittle attitude with her the day or two before but nothing that should have been a deal breaker.

But I am taking my time, last week my thoughts were consumed by it, second guessing the way I acted, and she still crosses my mind fairly often. Time makes it better though.

I did the opposite of you however, I had no appetite what so ever and lost several pounds over the week. I talked to my mom alot which I have never really done, and we grew closer because of it. This weekend even though I had a ton of school work that needed to be done, I did none of it. Friday night I went out and got really drunk then the rest of the weekend was on the couch being a bum. While I still am in shock and disbelief I have now turned to my school work, number one out necessity, but also as a means to occupy my mind.

The way I see it is if it really had legs, and there was no infidelity, you may get back together. I am not counting on that but it does take the sting out a little to have some hope.

At the end of the day though it just takes time, and after awhile there's always new ones out there :supergrin:

6. Peace Warrior

Due to personal spiritual convictions I was single for a long time previous to this relationship. The drama was definitely there intermingled with the relational connections (e.g. emotional intimacies).

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  7. Peace Warrior

No appetite? Man, my "healthy diet" went out the window quick!

My mind seems to be thinking of nothing else today. (We broke up last night/early this AM.)

There was no infidelity from either of us. It started with a stupid little lie that I caught her in about a week and a half ago. This quickly went nuclear at the time. Then we patch things up, so I thought, but you know how the effects of radiation linger? Yeah... that's what came back to bite us in the rump on this whole deal.

Thanks.
    Yeah, I've been talking to a published author lately about getting some of my stuff professionally published and into REAL book stores. She has three books out and one on its way.

Anyway, we've been strictly platonic and just friends up till now, but she has mentioned several times the fact that she likes me and we have discussed dating on a relational level prior. Long story short, we have an "actual date" set for next week. If it were tomorrow I'd cancel, but we'll see what happens between now and next week.

8. pack-indy

pack-indy Emissary

Romans 8:18
    Romans 5:3-5
    Proverbs 21:9
    Proverbs 3:5-6

:wavey:

9. Peace Warrior

Thanks Bro.

10. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

That's actually a good sign. It proves you are passionate about each other - it proves you both still care. The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. If you are able to see past your differences, you might have a chance of getting back together.

11. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Hang in there man, and pick up the phone if you can't sleep.

12. officer196

officer196

Peace, I literally was broken up with about a week ago, yes it sucked. I thought this girl was perfect. She was the girl I had a middle school crush on and never thought I would ever get with. Every breakup is different, for me I just hung out with some of my best friends because they wanted nothing more than to make me feel better. After that I took the puppy to the dog park (mans best friend helps too). Once I was out and about for awhile I relized she wasnt right for me and am now back on the prowl.......Good luck and dont let yourself get too down, lifes too short.

13. Peace Warrior

Yeah, I'm thinking wait a couple two or three moths, and see where we are at at that time. If it is/was real, then it should be there in three months right?

Thanks.

14. Peace Warrior

Thanks man. I've avoided two of her calls tonight already. I finally "lucked out" and was able to chat with her, but by -im's-.

We both agreed it went too fast too soon. She also admitted to repeatedly testing me on some relational paradigm things that were important to her due to her past history. She actually said I passed the first few tests with flying colors, but due to her trust issues, she just kept trying me over and over.

15. Peace Warrior

Yeah. I got a date next week. First with someone else since last August. If I don't cancel, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Thanks.

16. BEER

BEER bad example

my methods won't work for you, so all i can tell you is look on the bright side and say to yourself "well it could be worse, at least i aint that guy." lol

seriously though, just take your time, do your thing, and always remember the 2 basic rules of life...

1) don't sweat the small ****.

2) as long as you're waking up on this side of the dirt EVERYTHING is small ****.
    :wavey:

17. Peace Warrior

Good advice Beer,

I receive it too.

Thanks. :wavey:

18. Glock20Power

Glock20Power

19. Peace Warrior

20. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

Break-Ups are no fun my friend, my advice keep your mind active. What do you like to do? Hobbies? Focus on positive things......that you enjoy doing....be a little selfish right now, by that I mean do things you want to do for your self and enjoy doing, but do keep your mind busy...Friends and family are also nice to talk to........Stay healthy and positive, the gym is also good, goo outlet to get out frustrations, and maybe anger/sadness, beside it being good for you.