Anyone Ankle Carry a Glock 26/27

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by nmleo431, Jan 24, 2010.

1. nmleo431

nmleo431

Hello,
    I am a Detective thinking about carrying a second weapon while on duty.

I am interested in any information on ankle holsters for Glock 26/27. Would like to know if any fellow Officers are carrying this way and the likes and dislikes with this combo. Would like suggestions on holsters, especially interested in likes and dislikes in the Galco Ankle Glove.

Thanks for the input.

2. Krauty

Krauty CLM

I have the 27 in a Galco Ankle Glove and I really like it. I bought the extra strap, but never use it...very uncomfortable.

3. andy4731

andy4731

+ 1 on the Galco Ankle Glove. I carry my 26 like this on and off duty. It is very comfortable and carryies well. You really can't go wrong with it.

4. nmleo431

nmleo431

Thank you for the fast reponse, I just placed an order for the Galco Ankle glove. I appriciate the input.

Be safe!!!

5. walkin' trails

walkin' trails

You'll be happy with it. I've used one for over ten years for my 27. Its finally showing wear, but no tear. After ten years the velcro starts to get a little worn although it hasn't let go, and the sheeps skin pad gets matted down. The band and the holster are still in good shape.

6. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

My latest batch of uniform pants have a more tapered cut to the legs, so the 27 really prints. I used to wear it almost exclusively (in the ankle glove).

Now, the 642 in a Renegade is the daily BUG.

7. Captain38

Captain38

8. ditchdoc24

ditchdoc24

I've been carrying a G27 in an Ankle Glove for about 8 months now and love it. I put it on before heading to work and I barely know it's there during the shift.

9. fla2760

fla2760

I agree 100%. The Renegade holds the weapon firmly and that annoying rocking that is characteristic of ankle holsters is a non issue. That said as I have gotten older I want the smallest effective weapon when it comes to ankle rigs. The Smith 642-1 is my ankle gun.

10. scpd92

scpd92

Spoken like a former deciple of Rodman's Neck. :cool:

Seriously, I carry a 640. Great gun, always goes boom. Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of the +p+ beasties in it.

I did carry a 26 under duty pants in an ankle holster while wearing Hi-tek Magnums and it worked well.

Was a good deal to have a back up that took the same mags as my primary weapon and had the same sights/controls.

11. DDALET2000

DDALET2000

G26 in a Gould & Goodrich ankle holster every day all day. Almost identical to Galco's ankle glove and 33% cheaper. This one has lasted 3 years now.

12. Morris

Morris CLM

G27 in a (gasp!) Fobus ankle holster. Survived foot chases, running, nasties, etc. Still retaining it. Took a couple of weeks to get used to the weight. No big deal now.

13. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

26 and 19 in a Renegade holster made for a 19. No trouble, a bit heavy but as said above, you get used to it. If I wear my 642 I have to keep checking to make sure it is there!

14. B Coyote

B Coyote

I've used an Ankle Glove for years. As good as it's been, I really can't see anything better (though I'm sure it's out there somewhere).

bc

15. Mr.Knowitall

Mr.Knowitall User Title

You have no gripes at all with the 27/fobus? That's just what Im looking into getting.

16. socalchuckster

socalchuckster

Used a 33 in a Uncle Mikes ankle rig for about 3 years. Some of the stitching started to come apart after three years of very hard use, but nothing too serious. And the price of the Uncle Mikes is so cheap compared to others, it wont hurt to pocket book if i need to replace it. Always held the 33 secure and i never had to second guess about running or jumping over fences with it.

Now that i am recently recovering from a complete rupture of my Achilles tendon on the leg i use to carry the ankle rig on, i might go to a lighter 642 in an ankle rig or just try a 642 pocket carry.

17. buddah

buddah

Kahr PM9/ Ruger LCP/ or S&W 642 in galco ankle glove. All have been carried on and off in&out of uniform for 13 yrs. Can't go wrong w/ankle glove. Always wanted to try alessi ankle rig but it was too much $$. From what I hear, alessi is BMW of ankle rigs.

18. socalchuckster

socalchuckster

I've heard of this too...but for duty work i would not want an open top ankle rig. And $150 :shocked: is a little steep for an akle holster

19. Morris

Morris CLM

Only grips I had is that the strap is for thick ankles and lower calves so there is an extension of the velcro that I have to fold under the holster. That being said, I absolutely trust my Fobus. Only one time when my 27 came out and that was when the edge of the handle caught the edge of a bed I was climbing over to look for a suspect. Just a weird conincidence. The jumpsuit pant leg held the gun from dropping out the bottom of the pant leg.

20. fla2760

fla2760

Absolutely. My service weapon was the Smith Model 10 good gun but a little slow to reload from dump pouches.:whistling: That's why I always had my off duty model 36 on my ankle and a model 49 in the off side pocket. Carried the then unauthorized speed loaders too in the strong side pocket. I still have the model 10 and the 49. The 642 replaced the 36 when I retired.