Anyone actually "found" a gun?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Valmet, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Found s ruger lip in a shower room once. I was able to locate the owner's 1st Sergeant. Gotta love Marines.

2. lazarus66

lazarus66

Found a nice switchblade in a '71 Challenger I bought. Lot's of syringes when I lived in motels. No guns, yet.

3. ruffhunter

ruffhunter

lots at work.
    Right after i retired i was driving (55mph) on one of the back country roads had i patrolled. Seen a small revolver in my lane which was a guardrail culvert pipe section. A rolled up sweatshirt nearby. Looks like it bounced off the guardrail instead of going into the creek. of course turned over. Rusty Early 1900s 32 double action with a 2 to 2.5 in barrel. Could hardly read it, maybe US arms? cant remember.

I was patrolling right after a heavy storm in the summer on midnites with lots of fresh green leaves on the roadway. One leaf didnt look right and i thought it was money. turned around and it was a twenty dollar bill. NO BS! Spend your entire life on midnites and your eyes see differently i guess.

Parents divorced and dad moved into grandparents. About a year later he moved out and i took the room. Found a remington single shot 22 in closet. Dont think he thought it was his or where it came from and not grandparents.

Neighbor did appliance repair. Elderly lady gave him a bunch of ammo. He gave me a 2ft tall by 2ft long by 1.5ft wide metal army ammo can. Looked wwii. In the bottom i found a homemade fully machined aluminum 2 piece 'brass knuckles".

Attached Files:

4. JBL13

JBL13

I found an old Marlin semi-auto .22 rifle in the rafters of my grandmother's garage when we were cleaning out her property in 2002. It was in rough condition but appeared to be functional. One of the relatives present had known about the existence of the gun and we all decided he could have it if he wanted it. He took it.

Valmet likes this.
  5. rds95991

rds95991 NRA Benefactor

That's because after you find it you stop looking.

aircarver likes this.
  6. rds95991

rds95991 NRA Benefactor

I keep finding guns that I've stashed in my house. Some I'd forgotten I had until I find them. Drawers, pockets of jackets, in stack of folded linen and towels..... I'll be moving soon so I'd better do a sweep before my wife and the movers start packing.

glock1097 likes this.
  7. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

:supergrin:

8. 1040

1040 Millennium Member

My, at the time, teenage son and I visited the gun range. Found a metal gun case with a Springfield M1A in it, just sitting in the parking lot. It was loaded, round in the chamber, with another full mag in the case. Turned it in to the range officer. Have wanted one ever since.

9. clancy

clancy

When I was a kid I was out walking the woods with a friend on his dad's farm. We found an old Remington Rolling Block carbine resting against a tree, with the wood actually grown around the barrel. We have no idea how long it had been there. The action was rusted fast, the gun itself looked like it was in horrible shape.

But coolest of all was the Luger and P-38 we found in a chest in my grandfather's attic after he passed. He was in the 82nd Airborne and he bought them home after the war. No one knew about the guns. Then again, no one knew anything at all about his service, other than that he was in the army during The War. The one time I asked him about it all he said was "there are some things one just doesn't talk about". He completely buried that whole period of his life.
    luger.JPG

10. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

I've found a few during vehicle extrications or on unconscious patients. But I don't get to keep them. I love the look on the police officers faces when I ask them to come over here and take this gun. I'm pretty careful about reaching under the seats because of needles and guns.

11. flyover

flyover

Way back when I was a youngster, I had my Dad's Winchester 77 (.22 LR) out in the pasture. I laid it down for some reason and went off to look at something. I had a hella time finding it!

FullClip likes this.
  12. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier NRA Benefactor

While Elk hunting high in the Wind River Mtns. I found one. It was a S&W K .22 with belt and holster.
    It must have been their for 10 years. The S&W K was rusted beyond ever being useful.

gary_boom likes this.
  13. robotoid

robotoid

Yup, first house I ever bought. Was an estate (owner's deceased, no chillin's). Found a High Standard .22 target pistol in a case stuffed up the floor joists where a closet had been constructed to utilize a bump out of the foundation wall. I was redoing the paneling covering the closet area and its doors and found it. Contacted the attorney that handled the house sale and had him sign off as the "seller" (required here in MI) since I bought the house and "all contents". Registered it in my name (required in MI), shot it a few times, sold it for a tidy amount.

Dog Soldier, flyover and FullClip like this.
  14. CajunBass

CajunBass

Reminds me of a story. My mother went out to get the paper out of the box one morning. While she was there she picked up a handful of trash someone had thrown in the ditch. As she went to put it into the trash, she noticed one was full of "pipe tobacco." She carried it on to the house and commented to my kid sister (the only one of us still at home) "Look, someone threw away a whole bag of pipe tobacco."

My sister, a teen at the time, glanced at it and said, "That's not tobacco. That's a nickle bag."

My mother questioned..."Nickle bag?" My sister replied "Marijuana mom."

She said my mother looked confused...at her, then the bag, then back at her..."How did you know that?" My sister said "I go to high school, Mother."

Mom tossed it into the trash. She said she figured someone grabbed it up with the trash and tossed it, or they thought the police were following them. She said she watched the road for a few days to see if anyone came around looking for it.

(To keep this gun related) I'd like to find a Thompson myself.

MD357 likes this.
  15. powernoodle

powernoodle

I found my mother's S&W 642 several feet from her incinerated Ford Explorer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Good lord- I’m assuming she came out of it ok?

flyover likes this.
  17. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

My dad found a S&W 44 mag in Colorado at a house my sister was renting. Brought it many many miles to home and freaked out about it for years. Just a few years ago he decided to contact the local sheriff's department and it was shockingly easy to get it transferred to himself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Valmet likes this.
  18. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Found some at crime scenes, does that count?

glock1097 and Valmet like this.