Anyone actually "found" a gun?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Valmet, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Anyone on here actually "found" a gun? I don't mean an unexpected find at a LGS, but actually "found" one. I can't say that I have myself but some close friends who own some storage unit companies found an old Marlin 336 30-30 in a unit that had been abandoned.

I've heard stories of contractors doing demo or renovation work and running across everything from an old .22 to a Thompson SMG.

Macc283, Berto and FullClip like this.
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Never personally, no

I’ve heard stories

grecco likes this.

3. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Yep...a smith, N-frame 41 cal in a custom holster along the side of a secondary road...was nicked some from falling from a moving vehicle of some kind...tried to locate the owner...no luck

glock1097, cbetts1 and orangejeep06 like this.
  4. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

I haven't - I'd probably be a little paranoid about why it was abandoned and what it was involved with beforehand if I did.

If it ends up with the PD they'd likely run it for NCIC hits and, even if it didn't return any hits, it would likely be destroyed if they werent able to track it to an owner, which is a shame.

Best thing I've stumbled upon was a big ol' industrial socket wrench in the road, looked like it fell off a passing truck, I tried to return it to the driver but he claimed it wasn't his. I now have a nice big socket wrench.

5. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

I've "found" a few that I'd forgotten that I had. Does that count?

byf43, ronj1, BigBull 301 and 16 others like this.
  6. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia

I had a .22 rifle bonk a scuba student on his noggin as I was teaching an openwater scuba class under the Rivera beach bridge in West Palm Beach that somebody had tossed off the bridge and was trying to dispose of needless to say it got turned in

7. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Now I have done that...

Victor Dubya and FullClip like this.
  8. Darklock

Darklock

Not me, but called to complain about a lot of trash on the roadside near the house, so the county sent a group of inmates to do a cleanup. They found two pistols while picking up the trash.

ILeft, Macc283 and mj9mm like this.
  9. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

friend didnt know his grandfather owned guns. When he died went throuh some of his stuff found a .22 and .25 pistol. Ended up inheriting them.

Macc283 likes this.
  10. ede

ede

Shooting buddy lost his shooting bag and 1911 coming home from a match on his motorcycle. He put an ad on Craigslist. Said I lost something in a bag and what route he took. Offered 100$. Got it back in just a few hours.

glock1097, Macc283, mj9mm and 2 others like this.
  11. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

About a thousand, but work related. When my sister was about 6yo she found a revolver in the lot next to the house and ran home to tell the old man who called the cops. It turned out it was the same gun used to kill a Policeman a few weeks before in a drug store heist that was big news at the time. She got a lot of hugs from cops for that.

byf43, ILeft, mj9mm and 2 others like this.
  12. grecco

grecco

I once found an entire collection of high end european pistols sitting in a room with amazing carpet.
    But then the alarm sounded and then BAC (Brian) chased me away.

SERIOUSLY...doing a few side jobs I found a U.S. Arms 32 S&W revolver, a H&R 32 acp pistol.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    glock1097, pgg00, Berto and 3 others like this.
  13. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/humpty-dumpty-glock-19.1718074/print

Yes!.

My friend gave me a lot of ammunition, Targets, supplies, cleaning solution, and I found a box in it. It said “for parts only”

[​IMG]

Needless to say, I put it back together after replacing some parts. It’s in my Generation 2 CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer, now, which I modded for suppressor use.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD

14. evlbruce

evlbruce

Somehow ended up with a M44. Tried to find the owner but no one would admit to owning it.

Total grade A POS, waste of bad x54r.

15. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

I found a single shot .22 revolver(looked like a knock off of a Ruger Single Six) when I was trashing out one of my MILs rental properties a few months ago, it was in pretty bad shape. I called the non emergency police number and they said they'd stop by and grab it when they had a chance. I got a call back a little while later and they said they were too backed up to swing by, the cop on the phone must not have wanted to deal with the paperwork because he was all but begging me to keep it. I already have too many beat up broken guns as it is so I didn't want it.

We finally agreed that I would bring it in to their front desk when I was done for the day. We didn't discuss how the transaction would be handled over the phone and he was very thankful that I had left it in my truck when I went in the first time. I told him that I wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but I was sharp enough to know not to walk into a police station with a gun!

Anyway, I asked if someone could come out and grab it, he was the only one there and on crutches so we agreed I would bring it in. I did, we shot the breeze for a bit about guns and crazy rental property stories and I went on my merry way...

ILeft, orangejeep06 and FullClip like this.
  16. woodlands747

woodlands747

I just wish someone would help me find the loaded SW Shield 9 magazine that I hid from myself in my house over a year ago.

17. CajunBass

CajunBass

Found several Colt Armies, and a Remington Cap and Ball revolver when I was a kid. They'd been lost in the soil of Hanover County Virginia for the last 100 years or so. They had been long forgotten about until the metal detector hit on them. They were more "gun" shaped hunks of rust really, but it was still cool to find them. I often wondered if the previous owners wore blue or grey.

18. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

19. Toocool45

Toocool45

Not yet but someday hope to. I do find a lot of stuff. I could find a needle in a hay stack. Its a gift and a curse. But do hope to find a gen 1 19 so the search continues.

glock1097 likes this.
  20. Bradley T

Bradley T

Somebody musta found my staple gun at the rifle range?

mj9mm, Nick B and FullClip like this.