close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Anyone a recent subscriber to AT&T Wireless?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by starglocks, Jun 7, 2004.

1. starglocks

starglocks

I'm considering signing up with them or Cingular, am looking for some feedback.

thanks

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

3. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink

Ran a test by getting a phone from AT&T in Reno. Got their GSM type service and tested it all the way back to the Bay Area. Very pleased with the service. Waited for the first bill and was pleased with that as well so Sat (two days ago) we went to the local AT&T sales office and ordered two new phones to replace our Verizon. Also GSM. We moved two existing numbers. We were told it would take up to three days to complete the transfer and it actually took about six hours.

By moving from Verizon we got better service more minutes and ten dollars less a month bill. I have yet to have a fuzzy connection or a dropped call. I noticed I have excellent reception even when I make a call with only one signal bar. Must be the digital. I also have about four times the battery time than my old Nokia phones. Even using the phone I get almost exactly four days on one charge. An important consideration for me being in earthquake country and driving the Sierra to Reno often. If I end up off the road in the woods and wake up three days later I want my phone to still work.

May I suggest you make your own test in permitted in your area. Here in N. Cal all the wireless companies offer some period to test their service. If you don't like it and bring back the phone you can get out of your contract. If you do that test the phone in every out of the way place you might use it. Two years ago we got Cingular and then found out there was no siginal in our house. We had to go outside to talk on the phone. We actually paid to get out of that contract but it was worth it. We then went to Verizon. Good service but they are now full of themselves and wouldn't give me, a two year customer, a break on more minutes or our second phone so AT&T is now our wireless company. Good luck whatever you decide.

4. starglocks

starglocks

Klink, thanks for the feedback and the ideas....

In my experience Sprint has been agressive as h#ll about stuff, bumping my contract to 2 years (I pushed back, got it back to 1) and billing me for stuff included in my plan or stuff I don't use....

I'm very interested in Cingular/ATT.

5. FloridaG31

FloridaG31 Humble Glocker

FYI...

Their coverage in the Southern California area is LOUSY !

Verizon is the best by far here !

6. Ffej backwards

Ffej backwards

Cingular recently bought out AT&T wireless. Just a matter of time before at&t is cingular. That said, I use at&t and it's the best service I have ever used. Rates are a little high though. I'm considering changing to cingular now since I'm able to take my number with me. I'm going to make sure I have the same, if not better,coverage before I do. Hope this helps.

Jeff

7. starglocks

starglocks

Thanks - anyone drive interstates a lot and get good service? Most carriers have a good presence there.....

8. MaThGr82

MaThGr82

I have AT&T wireless and travel between AZ, NV(Las Vegas), and So.Cal pretty frequently and have never had any issues. Plus, with Cingular and AT&T about to become one entity, service should just get better. Sometimes in the mountains of Northern AZ, I lose service but it is not that noticeable.