Anybody Watching This 'Hong Kong' Stuff?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LinuxLover, Nov 17, 2019.

1. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

HONG KONG PROTESTERS INSIDE POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY CAMPUS SET MAIN ENTRANCE ON FIRE AS POLICE ATTEMPTED TO MOVE IN

View: https://youtu.be/UxcJRcmR_Kk

Key Points

• Defiant protesters inside Hong Kong’s Polytechnic University faced off against a police water cannon and armored vehicles in raging battles that lasted an entire day and through the night.
    • A police officer was shot in the calf by an arrow as anti-government protesters, many of them students, responded to police with salvos of petrol bombs and bricks hurled by homemade catapults.
    • Police threatened to fire live bullets if “rioters” did not stop using lethal weapons in the latest flare-up in anti-government protests that have convulsed the Chinese-ruled city for more than five months.
    CNBC LINK HERE: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/17/hong-kong-police-threaten-to-use-live-bullets-on-protesters.html

Hong Kong police on Monday trapped hundreds of protesters inside a major university and demonstrators rampaged through a tourist district, after almost two straight days of standoffs that have raised fears of a bloody showdown.

Defiant protesters inside Hong Kong’s Polytechnic University faced off against a police water cannon and armored vehicles in raging battles that lasted an entire day and through the night.

2. TScottW99

TScottW99 Bird Catcher

I’ve been to Honk Kong six times, all prior to the 1997 turnover. I feel for the people of Hong Kong. I was always treated well there and enjoyed my visits.

catman71, jame and CAcop like this.

3. OGW

OGW SAF

Xi has his hands full with this one but it won't end well for the protesters, I'm afraid.

4. BBMW

BBMW

I'm amazed the Chinese government hasn't dropped the hammer yet. The protesters' violence works against their own ends, since it will justify the inevitable crackdown by the PLA.

catman71, BigBluefish and FullClip like this.
  5. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

I've been to Hong Kong twice and found I like the people very much.

They are honest, kinda and very sharing. I would walk down an alley and they'd come out and drag me in to eat something and try their English on me.

I cried at the vids of the Tienanmen Square thing.

FullClip likes this.
  6. pugman

pugman

This wont be a showdown....it will be a one sided slaughter.

Folks, next time you think 2nd amendment issues aren't important think again.

7. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

The PLA will shut down the media first. Then strike. They can’t have wittinesses this time

8. The Father

The Father

The Chi-Coms are missing their chance. They could rub out a couple hundred and nobody will notice.
    Too busy chasing The Donald

catman71 likes this.
  9. BBMW

BBMW

Do you think that the types of weapons available to American citizens would be effective against the PLA?

10. ked

ked

they'd be a heap better than what they've got now !

11. Dirty bird

Dirty bird

A helluva lot more effective than arrows and bricks from homemade catapults!

12. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

The ruling elite in the Communist Party have all become fabulously wealthy and predictably very hard line.

I think a serious and bloody confrontation will actually be welcomed by the movers and shakers in the party. They likely will see it as sending a frightening message to Taiwan.

Hubris is always the undoing of the powerful.

FullClip, OGW and railfancwb like this.
  13. kiole

kiole

Yes, very effective. Guerrilla warfare is extremely effective. Unless the opponent is willing to carpet bomb entire cities.

14. BBMW

BBMW

Deleted. Duplicate.]

15. BBMW

BBMW

We're talking about the Chicoms. The only thing stopping them in HK is that they don't want to chase out the foreign financial firms (the Chicoms discovered the like money,) but if it wast for that, they'd roll in the tanks and APC, coordinating with air cover, and just annihilate the protesters. And if the protesters has guns, it wouldn't change a thing.

OGW likes this.
  16. CAcop

CAcop

It is inevitable. They have been fighting off the mainline Chinese government for over 15 years over various things.

OGW and railfancwb like this.
  17. Bilrus61

Bilrus61

What if they call in the tanks and the tanks take the side of the protesters? Ooopsie! That might be one reason they are reluctant to call in the tanks. Back in Tianiman square times there wasn't any communications like today. They said the unit that did the final crackdown was some distant unit that was told a bunch of crap about the students and went in. These days the average 19 year old tank driver is reading on his phone all about these protests. He might be sympathetic. If the gov't decides to crack down they are taking a huge risk. If that 19 year old tank driver decided to point his tank the wrong direction they have a civil war on their hands and the world has a huge issue on theirs.

18. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Words cannot express how much I hate the Chinese government and Communism. Both are a scourge upon Humanity. China is lucky I'm not President.

DaleGribble and ScarFace88 like this.
  19. CAcop

CAcop

1/4 of Hongkongers are protesting. That's 1.8 million. That's killing on the scale of Pol Pot or Hitler.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  20. nmk

nmk

JFC.