Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
66,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on Facebook from Cabot Guns. https://cabotguns.com/

That would be a cool job. I believe the location is Ft. Wayne, IN.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is your true desire a career path in the 1911 Pistol Industry?

Learn the trade while working beside a world class, one of- a kind, Master Gunsmith with 30 years of dedication to the 1911.

Our Pistols are a culmination of years of dedication and the pursuit of perfection. We represent an uncompromising commitment to furthering American excellence in design and manufacturing.

Join a small team that delivers one-of-a kind Firearms World-wide, made from the finest of materials and skills! We sell the best in the industry and seek the best talent to accomplish success!

Job duties include: part preparation including removal of machining marks; finishing, fitting, testing and blending; Metal polishing / hand polishing; application of coating and finishes; hand assembly and customizing pistols according to specifications; servicing of pistols including cleaning and repairing; testing of the firearms; complying with all State and Federal (ATF) regulations; safety at all times

Qualifications include: Must be able to pass a background and drug screen; High School Diploma or GED Equivalent; knowledge of 1911 pistols, operation and firearm safety; ability to master the complete assembly, function, fitting and repairing of the 1911 pistols; posses above-average mechanical aptitude; true dedication to precision.

Our team works first shift hours —Offers competitive pay including paid holidays, paid time off, IRA Employer match and Bonus Program —- Opportunity to work on projects for interesting clients —-Located just 3 miles from interstate 69, it’s an easy commute to work! — From 1 year experience to 30 years experience… we are a DYNAMIC TEAM.

An equal opportunity employer.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,277 Posts
Damn. That is a hell of an opportunity. I would love to help with their Kansas Division.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have the above average mechanical skills myself but the competitive salary would most likely be a bit shy for me, at least until retirement. At that point I may be a bit old to start working for a new company, though I would really like a career in gunsmiths.

...Ron

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Sounds like a good gig for a retired LEO to me....

·
I feel pretty.
3,954 Posts
Damn. I used to live in Fl, and could have used this gig when barry crashed the economy.

But I can already do all of that, and my pay is waaaay beyond entry level.

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
Interesting......right up the road from me

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,940 Posts
I've come across job ads like that before. Competitive wage = $13/hr...and they want shop and mechanical abilities too.:faint:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts