close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anybody using wolff gunsprings reduced firing pin safety spring for the glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mrapathy2000, Feb 21, 2007.

1. mrapathy2000

mrapathy2000

curious what kind of difference it makes

2. Smokecloud

Smokecloud

shaves about 1/8 to 1/4 lb off the trigger pull. the complete wolf spring kit, with 3.5 connector will yield about 2.5-3lb pull, great for the race gun, but sometimes I get light primer strikes on older harder primers, so I only use this setup in my G35 set up for race.

3. SDM

SDM

I have this spring but I wonder how much it really helps. I can't tell a difference when dryfiring with either spring or without a spring at all.

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i use them in some of my competition guns and like them. never had a problem as long as i used federal primers. i have had problems with other primers.

5. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

"curious what kind of difference it makes"

Makes a good bit in terms of trigger pull, in own experience.

Never have had a "Light-Strike" with Wolff's 4# Reduced Power spring. {over 25% less than OEM stock wt.} Agree with "Ede" however, FEDS are the best primers to use with this spring. Own 34 with spring will light WIN's reliabily but thay are all own hand-loads, same as FEDs.

FWIW, Wolff sells a Comp. Kit consisting of said spring, their X-Pwr. trigger spring & reduced power Safety Plunger spring for around $9.00.

The 4# Wolff is not really for any CCW use at all, FWIW! Also should be replaced every 5K rounds or so.

6. mrapathy2000

mrapathy2000

7. Coastal

Coastal

Could you guys have been thinking of firing pin springs instead of firing pin safety springs? I wouldn't think a lightened safety spring would cause misfires from light strikes. I'm thinking of either getting a Wolff FP safety spring or else cutting a couple of coils from my G34's FP safety spring. It's a much stiffer spring than my early-1990's G17 FP safety spring was.

8. Smokecloud

Smokecloud

I think you are right about where most people went with their answers, I read it as the safety plunger spring, then followed up with what he could expect from the full spring set. The safety plunger spring wont make much difference at all on the pull, none at all on the power of the impact from the firing pin.

of course, the requestor might have really been asking about the striker spring and mis-asked and everyone gave him the answer he was looking for.

9. Coastal

Coastal

If my understanding of the Glock trigger mechanism is correct, the firing pin safety spring does have some effect on trigger pull weight since the plunger is depressed in the first stage of the trigger pull. The first stage pull on my early '90's G17 was very light--like a military-style two-stage trigger, whereas my 2002 G34's first stage is much heavier. Maybe Glock increased the spring weight due to litigation concerns?

10. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Don't know when or why Glock increased/"changed" the plunger spring but have some of the old or original ones. They are significantly lighter, can feel it easily when installed with finger pressure on slide alone. The Wolff reduced pwr spring is a complete spring per se, some that due trigger jobs use springs cut from a bulk length an cut to their desired length & # of coils, etc. or cut end of a lighter weight spring to begin with. Go to "low", then risk firing out of battery under certain circumstances, with or w/o the 4# striker spring.