anybody use nutrisystem?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by madcitycop, Feb 20, 2010.

1. madcitycop

madcitycop

Title says it all. Anybody use or have used Nutrisystem? Results or no?

2. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Yeah, I tried it...I sent it back for a full refund the very next day.

3. madcitycop

madcitycop

care to expand...

4. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Damn, was it that bad?

5. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

The food is nothing to rave about, but it works. You have to provide your own fruit and vegetables, of course.

I got onto it and dumped 30 pounds.

6. Swiper

Swiper

Not nutrisystem, but I have been eating Slimfast meal bars for breakfast and lunch during the weekdays since late October. I have lost 20 lbs (from 245 to 225).

7. the iceman

It seemed very cheap and nothing like the commercials. I tried the "burger" the first night and that was my first and last meal from Nutrisystem. I decided I was going to save my $300 a month and drop weight the only way I knew how to...starvation and mad exercise.

This was mid-2006 so maybe things have changed.

8. madcitycop

madcitycop

I figured it wouldnt be gourmet meals, starvation isnt an option for me :cool:

9. the iceman

That's the mistake I made. I thought I was getting exactly what Dan Marino was showing on TV. With Nutrisystem, it is more about portions which were very small. If you could control your portions, you would probably do fine without it.

You would be surprised what your body can handle if you put your mind to it. Starvation isn't as hard as one would think.

:cheers:

10. Swiper

Swiper

Cheapskates can always do the Slimfast Meal bar diet like I did. A meal bar is like 90 cents. So breakfast and lunch for a whole month would be ~ $54. Not bad at all.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  11. sputnik767

sputnik767

That's exactly right. Simply have some self-control and don't overeat. Throw some exercise in the mix, and you are not going to have to pay for the frozen crap that Dan Marino advertises. And, I am assuming that if you are able to stick to the system, then you don't grab extra food when you are done eating your portion. So self control should not be a problem.

12. JMS

JMS 02

My mother in law tried it, the size of the meals was akin to starvation :faint:

13. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

That sounds more like it. Nutrisystem is just a tad too expensive.

14. buckhunter3987

buckhunter3987

Exercise and watch your portions and save the money, but if you can't get to the gym the stuff does work. I personally have not tried it but a freind of mine did and he lost about 30lbs. He didn't follow it strictly either, he'd got out to eat some and we would have cookouts about once a week back then and he would eat with us, and of course he'd join us in all night beer drinking excursions and we'd naturally order pizza about 3:30am.:supergrin: But it did work, and he didn't exercise that often.

I have personally lost 15lbs in the past month though by working out and watching portions. I think what has helped the most has been building my muscles back up, as they naturally burn more energy at rest the larger and stronger they are. I try to go 3 times a week for about 30min to an hour. Helps me sleep better too(I didn't get to go today, hince he 4:40am posting...:embarassed: )

15. HekiDanjo

HekiDanjo

Eat better/less, move more.

16. banjobob

banjobob

I did it about a year ago and lost 40lbs. The dinners are pretty good, just small. Breakfast and lunch were usually just bars for me. You supplement all meals with fruit, vegetables, etc. I would usually eat a can or two of greens beans with dinner or a huge bowl of cucumbers and light dressing. I'd do it again if I had to. No doubt you can do it for less money, I however needed the structure.