Glock Talk banner

Anybody use GLOCK Factory Sights?

2892 43
Does anybody use the GLOCK factory steel sights?
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by gary newport
I won't buy stake-on front sights. All of mine attach by screw. Incidentally, one uninstalled front I got from GlockParts is plainly marked "Trijicon" (it is NOT a night sight). I believe Glock may be manufacturing only stake-on steel fronts now, but there are aftermarket makers producing standard-height fronts which can be used with the factory rears.

One thing though, Erin. Night sights are for when it is too dark to see your SIGHTS, not your target.
I'm with you 100% on not buying stake-ons...hex head's all the way...I want to be able to service my weapons if needed! I still disagree on the night sights, but if you need them and they help give you an edge, then more power to you!

· Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by RomanCatholic
I've always shot better with the factory GLOCK sights, not sure why. If anybody wants two sets of mepro's contact me.
Amen, brother!

· Banned
4,987 Posts
Well, 2 of my Glocks have the factory tritium ones on them, those are steel.

The other 2 had the plastic ones, but not any more (1 has Ameriglo operators, other has Trijicons) The Glock plastic ones really suck. The G19's lasted for about a year, then the front sight started spinning. The 17L's rear (adjustable) sight broke within a week + the front one got loose in a hurry. Rather than send it back to Glock for a new set (that'll last 6 months maybe) I just put in the Ameriglos.

If you're thinking about replacing your plastic ones...DO
Now I am going to curse my Glocks by posting this, but I have NEVER had anything but dependable operation from my Glock FACTORY plastic sights. I am amazed at your bad luck with them. Do you use them for hammers in lieu of the proper tool? Just kidding.

· Registered
851 Posts
I use the Glock steel rear and the Trijicon steel front (non-tritium, hex-nut secured, available from Glock, and it looks exactly like the polymer front) on both my G17 and G21. As quick acquisition sights I think that they're excellent. These sights are available from Glock directly, for $10.00 each-a bargain, IMHO.
I am using all factory everything on both Glocks. I'll look into this. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Banned
681 Posts
I picked up a neat technique from Larry Vickers on how to use the stock Glock sights more effectively. First, take a black sharpie and cover over the white on the rear sights. Then, when you focus on the front post you will have them level with the rears by "spliting" the dot in the front. Too many Glock shooters try to line up and center the whole front white dot in the rear sights. Split the dot and results are much better and get rid of the distracting white nonsense on the rear sight.

· You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,970 Posts
They work great to wedge under one leg of my kitchen table. On my guns are Speed sights.

· Registered
1,239 Posts

· NRA Life Member
75,529 Posts
Does anybody use the GLOCK factory steel sights?
Sure. I have them on a couple of My Glocks and my wife has them on all of hers. She won't use anything else - been using them on her competition guns for about 15 years and never had a problem or needed a replacement. Back in the 90's I used them on my police duty G17 with no problems.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.