Glock Talk banner

Anybody use GLOCK Factory Sights?

2885 43
Does anybody use the GLOCK factory steel sights?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,741 Posts
Originally posted by eringobragh
There are TWO styles available...the "staked" and the "hex head nut"...the latter of which I have on all six of my GLOCK pistols. Something I did not mention which I like...the steel factory GLOCK front sight has a much larger "dot" than the plastic style.
Exactly! I have factory steel front and rear on a G37 and a G17, and factory steel rear and Mepro front on a G26 (that combination didn't work on my G38 as the Mepro front is a bit taller than the factory standard). The front dot of the steel sight is larger than on the plastic version and picks up a LOT of ambient light. The rear notch is also a bit deeper than the plastic version; this also may help in sight acquisition. I really like the sight picture provided by ball-in-a-box steel Glock sights for rapid sight acquisition. That big white dot has a little bump on it that almost looks like a convex lens (probably isn't) and shows up even in fairly low light.

I won't buy stake-on front sights. All of mine attach by screw. Incidentally, one uninstalled front I got from GlockParts is plainly marked "Trijicon" (it is NOT a night sight). I believe Glock may be manufacturing only stake-on steel fronts now, but there are aftermarket makers producing standard-height fronts which can be used with the factory rears.

One thing though, Erin. Night sights are for when it is too dark to see your SIGHTS, not your target.

· Registered
5,741 Posts
Originally posted by RomanCatholic
What are the advantages to night sights?
Night sights are visible under low-light conditions when even white dot/outline sights are not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.