Glock Talk banner

Anybody use GLOCK Factory Sights?

2885 43
Does anybody use the GLOCK factory steel sights?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
I use the factory STEEL sights on all six of my GLOCKS, and absolutely love them! I think it is the fastest sight picture I've ever seen/used...I work in a gun store, therefore get to handle virtually every handgun on the market, and IN MY OPINION the "dot in the basket" reigns supreme (SIG's "dot the stick" is right there with it!). I shoot a lot of IDPA (3 to 4 matches a month), and this system works extremely well for me. Hardcore target sights they are not, but for the weapons intended purpose they're awesome. As far as night sights are concerned (I'm sure I'll take a beating here!), I think they're rubbish...I'm in the camp that if it's so dark that you need to illuminate your sights, then you're surely going to have to illuminate your target...practice with and carry a tactical light!

· Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by DonGlock26
I don't care for the front sight being "staked", myself.
There are TWO styles available...the "staked" and the "hex head nut"...the latter of which I have on all six of my GLOCK pistols. Something I did not mention which I like...the steel factory GLOCK front sight has a much larger "dot" than the plastic style.

· Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by gary newport
I won't buy stake-on front sights. All of mine attach by screw. Incidentally, one uninstalled front I got from GlockParts is plainly marked "Trijicon" (it is NOT a night sight). I believe Glock may be manufacturing only stake-on steel fronts now, but there are aftermarket makers producing standard-height fronts which can be used with the factory rears.

One thing though, Erin. Night sights are for when it is too dark to see your SIGHTS, not your target.
I'm with you 100% on not buying stake-ons...hex head's all the way...I want to be able to service my weapons if needed! I still disagree on the night sights, but if you need them and they help give you an edge, then more power to you!

· Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by RomanCatholic
I've always shot better with the factory GLOCK sights, not sure why. If anybody wants two sets of mepro's contact me.
Amen, brother!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.