Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
If this is a FIST kydex holster then I wouldn't recommend it. Their kydex is too thin. I had a FIST #12 and a FIST #14 in kydex and both of them cracked at the exact same location (around the belt loops) after only 6 months or so. They make a good leather holster but I wouldn't buy kydex from them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I also had 2 FIST kydex holsters crack, one after about a year of daily use, another after a couple years. Ordered a replacement made from the "thin" kydex ($5.00 option) rather than their "ultra thin". Been wearing it daily for about a year now, no cracks yet. I'll be ordering another for my SP101 soon, and will go with the "thin" kydex this time too.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dead you own any leather from them by chance for a comparison between their leather thickness and the thin kydex?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I believe both of the ones I had were ultra thin, but I'm not absolutely certain. To answer your second question, I also own a FIST #12 in leather and the leather is probably twice as thick as the kydex was on the same holster. I have no issues with their leather holsters. Mine works great when I use it (which isn't very often).

·
Registered
481 Posts
OP, after going and looking at the FIST K7 on their website, for one dollar more I'd get a Sidearmor modular IWB before I'd get the FIST. I've carried in the same Sidearmor holster for probably 6-7 years now and it's still in excellent condition. In my opinion the Sidearmor is better made and has a much cleaner look.

FIST:

Sidearmor:

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
thin, good, well reviewed appendix carry rig....the Mr softy(inexpensive too). great appendix kydex rig...the archangel..

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If only they made for sig

OP, after going and looking at the FIST K7 on their website, for one dollar more I'd get a Sidearmor modular IWB before I'd get the FIST. I've carried in the same Sidearmor holster for probably 6-7 years now and it's still in excellent condition. In my opinion the Sidearmor is better made and has a much cleaner look.

FIST:

Sidearmor:

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
Need to have reinforced mouth so u fortunately mr softys a no go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edR56wVnPvA
Note the one handed reholstering...he is using the Mr Softy. It is reinforced a little. Also be aware that the kydex FIST do collapse. With appendix, you want to use two hands to holster safely anyways, no big deal to keep the shirt out of the way and have hand on holster for support at the same time. I do it all the time this way...no way would I do a blind holstering pointing the barrel of a gun at my important parts. When wearing at 3:00 and back a supported holster becomes more critical than forward of the 3:00 position in front of the hip for ease of holstering.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If only they made for sig
In that case I'd take the Comp-Tac Infidel over the K7. A little cheaper and still a better holster (in my opinion). Sidearmor, Comp-Tac and FIST are the only kydex holsters I have experience with and I'd rank them in that order.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edR56wVnPvA
Note the one handed reholstering...he is using the Mr Softy. It is reinforced a little. Also be aware that the kydex FIST do collapse. With appendix, you want to use two hands to holster safely anyways, no big deal to keep the shirt out of the way and have hand on holster for support at the same time. I do it all the time this way...no way would I do a blind holstering pointing the barrel of a gun at my important parts. When wearing at 3:00 and back a supported holster becomes more critical than forward of the 3:00 position in front of the hip for ease of holstering.
I fail to see the difference here for one handed holstering. Not an option for me as the ability to go hands on fast is a necessity and with the holster there it removes the ability to waistband it in the front. How many times your gun gone off holstering blind at 3:00? Probably never right? No reason it shouldnt be the same for aiwb. It's about finger discipline not muzzle.

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
I fail to see the difference here for one handed holstering. Not an option for me as the ability to go hands on fast is a necessity and with the holster there it removes the ability to waistband it in the front. How many times your gun gone off holstering blind at 3:00? Probably never right? No reason it shouldnt be the same for aiwb. It's about finger discipline not muzzle.
sight line and ease of opening the holster in front of the hip. One does not need to be fast at reholstering. He needs to be fast at drawing. With a closed front shirt you will use two hands anyways so it is zero extra steps to lift your shirt and guide the pistol into the holster with off hand. I have both supported and unsupported holsters and they make zero difference in front of the hip. If your carrying behind the hip, it is much harder to holster a pistol into an unsupported holster because it is harder to see what you are doing and get both hands around behind your hip while holding cover garment out of the way. watch the video I posted above, he shows just how simple it is to holster a Mr. Softy carried appendix.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah if you're just a concealed carrier I agree but it's my profession so I don't have that option unfortunately. Sure would be cheaper though :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've got a Fist #1 (in leather obviously) and a #1K, both for S&W autos.

The leather does not collapse as much as I thought it would. It is nothing like a Bianchi 100 for instance, which basically flattens. The Fist #1 is easy to reholster one-handed in AIWB position. The leather is far more rigid than a Desantis Cozy Partner for instance, and easier to rehoster even though it lacks the CP 'reinforced' throat. The holster is very comfortable, the belt clip is very secure and strong.

The #1K is very thin. As mentioned if I were ordering again I would get the Thin, not Ultra-thin, kydex.

I've been mulling over a #1KB or #1B, a new style that includes a cantable clip. Thinking about this now, I just convinced myself to get it. Now, leather or kydex?

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
Yeah if you're just a concealed carrier I agree but it's my profession so I don't have that option unfortunately. Sure would be cheaper though :)
Yeah, sorry I missed you were carrying for professional reasons. Go with one of the other holsters mentioned on your other thread...the archangel, alabama holster ...etc... maybe try the fist Kydex in thin vs ultra thin. Choosing a holster can be a tough decision. Hope the one you pick turns out to be 'the one'.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After finding out that one of the guys I work with has an archangel and trying it out I I'm,mediately ordered one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts