close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody try Gevalia coffee?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by VinniefromNY, Mar 5, 2004.

1. VinniefromNY

VinniefromNY MyOhMy

Okay, I have been getting Gevalia for a little over a year now, and I have to say, DAMN THAT'S SOME GOOD JOE!!!!! ;f ;f ;f ;f

I get the coffee and the tea, and both are of amazing quality. I have tried the French Vanilla , Cinnamon, Vanilla Nut, Peruvian Organic, French Roast (oh ye heavenly God!;W ;W ;W ) and Stockholm Roast...

Anybody else try Gevalia? Do you like it? Their customer service is top-notch...anybody disagree????

2. norm357

norm357

Hi Vinnie. There coffee is OK and ther coffe maker is the biggest POS on the market.

Norm

3. groverglock

groverglock Guns & Hoses

Been drinking it for years. I like the variety they provide with their subscription service. It is one of the pleasures of life.:) :)

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

NO... I like whole bean and flavors in very small quantities so Gevalia is not for me:(

I love thier French Vanilla and Amaretto flavors but they are ground too fine for my French Press...and I would never use a pack in a year...

Not a big coffee drinker here. But what little I do drink is GREAT STUFF since I go all out when I make a cup;)

5. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

I didn't find the taste justified the cost :(

Whenever the freakin idiots replace my espresso machine (it was a Christmas gift that didn't get delivered until after New Years and I *still* don't have the replacement for the defective one they sent. Avoid everythinghome.com) I'll use either Starbucks pods or specialty blends.

Do still have some whole beans from them, but only a blade grinder, which won't work for espresso.

Laura

6. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

Great stuff!!!! Swedish coffee (and women) rulez!;f

7. VinniefromNY

VinniefromNY MyOhMy

Really? Mine works great. Weird.....

I love their coffee. It is far superior to everything I have ever drank before, with Dunkin Donuts being a somewhat close 2nd....

BikerGoddess, you really like Starbucks? Wow, I just don't get the appeal of that place or its coffee. Tastes like week old greasy spoon coffee to me....;0 ;0 ;0 ;0

8. SiBo

SiBo

I'm happy to hear that us Swedes are appreciated for something! ;)
    Actually, Gevalia comes from my hometown, Gävle. Gevalia is the Latin name for Gävle. I was brought up on that stuff. I didn't know they were selling their coffee in the US though. However, I don't think their coffee is that good. But it could be that I've just grown a bit tired of it. ;)

9. VinniefromNY

VinniefromNY MyOhMy

Cool! Well, I suppose if I lived there I might get sick of it too, but it is so damn good!!!!;f ;f ;f ;f

10. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

Nah, I just have some espresso pods from there ;)

Actually, once you add the milk and sugar, you can't tell what it tastes like. It would be nice if more of the employees knew how to properly froth milk, but since the dumb****s at everythinghome.com don't see fit to return my machine, I'm having to make due...

Laura

11. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

Sibo,
    I love Sweden! The people real friendly and are very tolerant of us Krauts!;f

Stockholm is very nice and lots of party girls there;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c

12. ebigfish

ebigfish FinsUp! FinsUp!

Try it at: www.gevalia.com

It's good stuff.... but I tend to stick with Folgers 100% Columbian, It's the Shizz (thanks gangsta gun guys... My daughter says I'm to old to use 'SHIZZ')

-fishing with good coffee.

13. potatoho

potatoho

I've been using the coffee maker since my Mr. Coffee took a dump. Now <-- that was a POS.

14. SiBo

SiBo

That's good to hear Spetsnaz777! I'm living in Malmö (Swedens 3rd largets city down on the south coast)since 2 years back but I love Stockholm and have lots of buddys there! :)

15. JennYe

JennYe

I did not know that they grew coffee beans in Sweden.

;f

16. Riflemanz

Riflemanz

I like cheap coffee,cheap beer,cheap women!!!!!

17. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

^6

18. VinniefromNY

VinniefromNY MyOhMy

Okay, I have to be honest, since I started this kiss Gevalia's butt thread: I did have an experience with them that wasn't 100% great....

I got a call about 3 weeks ago asking if I'd like to try their Limited Edition coffees...I say yes, and a couple of days ago it shows up. Now, they offered me seasonal varities, and I guess I miunderstood because I figured several kinds of coffee per season.

It was one kind of coffee, and 2 whole pounds of it! I've never had this coffee before, so how do I know I want 2 lbs of it???

This is more my fault than anything, but I was just surprised that they would send out only one kind...I should have researched this more...

They did send me a coffee tote, with a thermos and two mugs and containers for sugar and cream...for free!!!!

19. whizz

whizz

They sure don´t but Sweden is the worlds largest consumer of coffee, per capita that is.

I really understand why you are so fond of that stuff. 10 yrs ago it was almost impossible to get a decent cup of java in your country. I remember one very early morning in Blythe at the Ca/Az border. I and a friend stopped at a small restaurant and brought our own ground beans and asked if they would like to make a pot our way. After stating that I was prepared to pay for a pot even if the beans where mine and that I would have a slice of their pie we had a deal.

Real coffee is addictive, but what a nice addiction :)

20. kick_rocks

kick_rocks

Gevalia is good, had it years ago and liked it alot. Has anyone here ever tried getting green beans and roasting coffee themselves. I have thought of it, but must admit I am afraid of failure...