Anybody try a Velocity trigger to their AR15??

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Hands of stone, May 14, 2018.

1. Hands of stone

Hands of stone

Yeah I heard the trigger gives about 30% more power at the hammer over the stock trigger. The Hiperfire is impressive. Well I can't say that till I fire it.

2. Brass3

Brass3

No one can beat JoeBob's prices, no one. Especially Optic planet and Midway. They probably charge $10. for bottled water 12oz.

3. Hands of stone

Hands of stone

I see it on the Hyperfire site for $200 for the more expensive 24E trigger. The 24 is under $120 on the Hiperfire website. I see JoeBob's also.

4. ltaviles

ltaviles

I have purchased 4 of their triggers for my AR's and all have been fantastic. The only exception was with my S&W M&P15-22, I did have several light strikes with that rifle after I installed the 3lb trigger. I talked to the owner and he advised me to put a steel cased ammo trigger into it for 22lr ammo. After that the 15-22 rifle is awesome, on par with my Ruger 10/22 with upgraded trigger. Here is a good review for reference, as well as being in tgeir giant trigger roundup:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/jeremy-s/velocity-triggers-drop-in-trigger/

Pierre! likes this.
  5. hardluk1

hardluk1

We have two hyperfire triggers now . My wife wanted a trigger more in line with here hunting rifle and 10/22 hunting so her AR 9 has a standard 119 dollar 24 in it set at 2lb 12oz with some take up creep and over travel . Mine has a 2017 243G set a to a lighter pull weight with far less pre and over travel but both offer a heavy firing pin strike unlike light pull weight ar15 mil spec triggers . MY wife has shot rifles with 2.5lb triggers for 15 years and that's what she wanted . MY hunting and fun rifles are 1lb + or - going back 30 years . Its what I am comfortable with but the Hypertouch model are adjustable from 2lb to 4 lb pull weight with a spring change .

The different hyperfire hypertouch designs offer different amounts of take up and over travel to might your needs and skills depending on trigger model .

I used a tuned up old steel nm trigger with a 3lb pull and it was dependable but I never was a fan of a mill spec design AR trigger single stage or 2 stage . After try a hyperfire trigger in my wifes AR I ordered one .

Brass3 likes this.
  6. AndyK

AndyK

The deal with hiperfire is they redid their whole line of triggers so you'll see the old line on sale til they are sold out. I have three, all in competition guns. One in a 15-22 (24C) I've had for years. Works great. One in an AR and one in a PCC, both 24 3Gs. Brownells had a great sale, 99.00 for the 3G but are now sold out. JoBobs sells them for 149. IMO, the best triggers I've shot and I'm in the market for a couple more. I may try their new improved expensive ones.

I would not hesitate to use one in a SD gun cause the provide added reliability with the extra hammer force. If I put my finger on the trigger, its to fire so pull weight does not matter.

Brass3 likes this.
  7. Hands of stone

Hands of stone

I think I'm gonna be ordering a Hiperfire after researching it. The 24E is listed for $190 on Primary Arms website. I just that the 24C or Competition model is not gonna be a good choice for home defense so thats why In going with the 24E. Even the 24 is pushing it but I'm not afraid to have it in my defensive rifle. It has some takeup unlike the Competition model.

8. Hands of stone

Hands of stone

Yeah I'm not seeing the sane part nu.beds at the Primary Arms website. Maybe their the old triggers.

9. AndyK

AndyK

10. Hands of stone

Hands of stone

Brass3 likes this.
  11. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

I own two and really like them. Need to order a third for a new build.

Brass3 likes this.
  12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Do you need a 3lb trigger to shoot out to 100/150 yards?

13. Hands of stone

Hands of stone

Maybe not but I might shoot out to 400-500 yards. I'm taking shooting at paper as a new hobby. I love the outdoors.