Anybody studying firearm-related stuff?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Know Nothing, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Know Nothing

Know Nothing

I'm a college student in Minnesota stdying mechanical engineering. Someday, I hope to work in the firearms/defense industry. I was just wondering if anybody else was doing anything like this.

2. Gatman

Gatman

I want to be a lawyer. I plan on doing a lot of Pro 2nd Amendment cases.

3. SkaOG

SkaOG

I had a class where we talked about Entrance wounds and exit wounds. Diff types of blood splater and that kinda stuff. One lukcy group of kids got to fire various weapons (AR-15 .223, .45 cal and .22) Into differnet target to look at the effects.

Fun class

4. n_okla

n_okla

I'm studying Electrical Engineering. I'm not studying many gun related things in class (aside from projectile motion in physics), but we have a Pistol club that is open to all students.

Our supervisor is the old NCAA Pistol Team coach, so he helps us hone our skills. Last quarter I earned my NRA "Sharpshooter" certification... working my way up to Expert soon I hope. :)

Oh, and we also have an AWESOME pro-gun newspaper on campus it's called The Sentinel http://www.osusentinel.com/

Later,
    Neb

5. Know Nothing

Know Nothing

Awesome. The U of MN doesn't have crap as far as shooting activities go. There was a drill team last time I checked, which was basically a way for ROTC kids to get more funding for something they do anyway. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a school-sponsored gun club for years.

Enjoy it while you can!

6. punkture

punkture

i got a bachelors and masters in criminal justice. took some homicide investigation and crime scene investigation courses that dealt with various aspects of firearms (recovery, trajectory, etc.) quite interesting stuff.

7. mccaincouldwin?

mccaincouldwin?

I have a buddy finishing up his masters in Aerospace Engineering at U of Michigan, and he took an explosives course when he was an undergrad. I guess they had to go through some sort of background check process for the course.

I'll see if I can't get him to post a little info about it.

8. GixxerSixxer

GixxerSixxer Phil Deez Nutz

I was on the University of Utah pistol team until I graduated. You guys had a good strong team at Nationals last year. We were trying to recruit Teresa Meier for our team but she decided Ohio was closer to home.

There was also one really cute girl on the team down at Fort Benning but I don't remember her name. She shot some decent scores and helped Teresa Meier and Jennifer Trickett rake in medals.

9. uscmas412

uscmas412 Got GLOCK?

I wrote a paper for one of my poli sci classes regarding the Brady Grading system in relation to firearm deaths (in particular, LEO). Pretty interesting findings...I basically prove that their rating system is a crock of shi*. Of course, I'm an undergrad so my paper is by no means comprehensive and I make a few general assumptions. I'd post the paper but it doesn't read too well in a .txt format. PM me if you'd like to read it...its about 9 1/2 pages.

10. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Mechanical Design... depending on the project, it could be firearms-related... :supergrin:

11. Gilligan

Gilligan

Going to be a teacher, so deffenitly not gun related.

12. jfettig

jfettig

This thread is old and the OP hasn't been here for 2 years... but yeah I'm graduating next spring with my ME degree looking for a job in the field, I almost had a job at Federal(ATK) but the first guy they offered it to took the job, they told me that I was 2nd in line for it.

Jon

13. cougar_guy04

cougar_guy04

I didn't study anything in the field, per say; however, I did get involved in the shooting sports and interviewed with a firearms company in the Southeast.

Took the job and I'll be in the firearms field as an engineer in June working on some cool stuff.