Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
19,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if so, whats the largest sized bullet that you have used in your Henry.

Buffalo Bore makes a 270 grain load and a 305 grain load. Just wondering if anyboday has used either of these loads, or similar from other brands in their Henry 44 Mag lever gun.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have a Henry in 44 mag, love the rifle. I've only shot hot 240 grain bullets through it. I'm also curious about the heavier bullets.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,996 Posts
I have a JM Marlin 1894, a LSI 1892 clone, and a new production Miroku 1892 all in 44 magnum. When shooting heavy loads, the Marlin is the most comfortable, but the 1892's can be brutal. Love to shoot them all though.

As a rule, I usually only shoot what I can shoot in all my rifles and handguns so I don't have to remember what I can or can't shoot in any gun. If I need more power I use a more powerful caliber.

I was looking at a Henry, but just can't get over the tube loading magazine. I wasn't a fan when I had a 22 that loaded that way. It's kind of like having critical control panels at two separate locations.

·
Banned
15,909 Posts
I have a big boy steel that I like a lot. Had to change the sights, everything shot high.
But I have not gone over 240 grain loads.

May be an idea

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.