Anybody own a Ducati?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hammerkill, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag

FTFY.

I have a 2012 848...awesome bike. Get the suspension setup for you and it handles like a dream. Engine has plenty of torque, but they don't like being lugged at low RPMs. Sure, not as fast as a Gixkawahonzuki, but it has personality and it's up to you to decide what you want.

The crying over maintenance on these is very overhyped. The old Italians were a bear to keep up with, the new ones are close to their Japanese counterparts in terms of maintenance intervals, but parts and service will probably cost a bit more.

It's up to you to decide what you value, they're both fine machines at the end of the day; ignore the children with their schoolyard 'my toy is better than yours' pissing contest.

2. cruz lee

cruz lee

i like yjis one:wow:

3. FloorPoor

FloorPoor

That was an air head, try that with a new 1250 and I would be willing to bet you will have lots of weird electrical problems. But if I were to go euro, it would be a BMW, if I were to get a BMW, I would get the now discontinued G650Xchallenge. I love the rotax single. It could possibly be made into the best ever adventure travel machine. But opinions on bikes are about as diverse as opinions on guns.:supergrin:

4. norton

norton

I miss my old air heads. They weren't fast or the best handling, but they were honest mile after mile bikes. Riding mine always put a grin on my face.