close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anybody know a cheap place to buy an LCD tv?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by justinsn95, Sep 25, 2006.

1. justinsn95

justinsn95 Im in jail...

does anyone know if it would work well to use an LCD computer monitor as a cheap LCD screen For an Xbox 360? and how to go about doing so?i need a flat panel to take to work so that i save on space in my mudlogger's trailer. i only work about half the day and the other half i sit on my...chair and play video games because there is no work to do, or all the work is done. the reason i am asking is because at wal-mart the tiny little 13 inch tv's are like $280. i have seen 17-20 inch monitors on ebay for around $200.

or if someone knows a website that sells Lcd tv's for really cheap that'll work too.

2. justinsn95

justinsn95 Im in jail...

yeah i know im cheap.

3. lens

lens

LCD monitors do NOT have a TV tuner in them. Therefore you'd need a computer with a TV tuner and the LCD monitor. This works great, I have it on my desktop computer even though I don't watch TV often with it.

4. justinsn95

justinsn95 Im in jail...

thanks man you just saved me a bunch o' money! cause its gonna double as my new computer monitor.

but i do have one more question for ya. as soon as i plug up the xbox 360 to this monitor and turn every thing on, is it going to imediatly start showing what i want it to, or am i going to have to tune it some way or change some settings?

5. BLiTzNicK

BLiTzNicK Silent Member

It will come on, but you'll need to crank up the resolution. It's in the video settings. Let me know how you like that monitor, I'm planning on getting one next month.