close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody into Waterfowl?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by McQ, Feb 27, 2003.

1. McQ

McQ

Is anyone into waterfowling? I just started getting into it this year. So far I've hunted Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virgina.

2. TriggerTripper

TriggerTripper

I like to hunt just about everything that is made of meat, elk, deer, rabbits, and game birds. but waterfowling is the type of hunting that I get the most excited about. There is something to be said for any type of hunting where the game comes to you!:)
    Three states in one hunting season is impressive. I'm jelous to say the least. For most of the winter the geese here gave me the slip. There were plenty of birds but the weather was just too nice to ever make the decoying really good. I hardly got a decent shot all season. Took a drive today and see whole flocks sitting 20 yards off the road.;Q they sure know when the season ends.
    Ever get into them hot and heavy?

3. LovemyGlock's

LovemyGlock's

Do you have it yet? The duck hunting addiction? Are you a duckaholic yet? I am. I started duck hunting about five years ago in MS. The addiction has wosrsend over the years and now out of all the game I hunt I love the ducks the most! It is so bad I think about it all year long. When it is not duck season I still have to go and find them. I am now into waterfowl photography as well. I get to scout new spots and practice my calling. Welcome to the sport and I hope you don't get it too bad like I have, it gets expensive and the wife just don't understand.;Y

4. McQ

McQ

Got into some heavy surf scoders in Maryland (my first trip ever). The bay was hellishly choppy (3' waves 25mph wind). I was puking every 5 minutes but I limited so I was happy. Down in Virginia we saw a bunch of Brandt (near Chincateague<sp?>) I shot like crap that day and only came home with one. No luck in my home state of PA though. I started up here late in the season and they weren't decoying too well. Oh well, there's always next year. ;f

5. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?