Anybody here worried about what we'd be up against in a civil war?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by TGT, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Patriots are not Rebels for years private trained men have been ready to defend this country at their own expense and risk I hate to use the word militia but they do exist at this point law abiding citizens government tyranny such as gun confiscation will not be accepted and government knows this so no one should thank the NRA if you still have your guns thank the silent force behind you being capable of keeping them Patriots every damn one !

2. scattershot

scattershot

I don’t have any first hand experience with militias, but I have friends who do, and they tell me that most of them are old fat guys running around (not very fast) in the woods. Not saying they aren’t patriotic, but hardly a seasoned fighting force.

Atomic Punk likes this.

3. seamaster

seamaster

Nonsense. They grow up with weapons beside their bed mat and aren't baby'd like we are.

One bit of discomfort and most people in the US will cave.

4. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

You keep thinking that i know we'll over 3000 members and none fit that description most are well trained and very Patriotic s lot of father son members passing on the tradition of freedom most Americans have forgotten !:flag:

5. Deltic

Deltic

I would say most of the soldiers I served with grew up with an easier life than any of our opponents and would be quite capable kicking ass on any enemy we have run into. Americans have been accused of being soft and decadent several times before and have been a nasty shock to those that wish to fight us.
    I don't pay a lot of attention to those that say a fight will be easy or the ones who say we can't win. There are many factors to consider and the most unpredictable one is charismatic leadership, good , bad, brilliant or stupid it can change everything.

glock1097, Just Glocks and Quigley like this.
  6. clancy

clancy

Ok, substitute patriots for rebels, and then answer my question.

7. Intolerant

Intolerant

Go into your big texas city`s & suburban areas, talk to the younger majority...
    it will educate you how liberal they are. There`s alot of texans that DONT vote, either.

Captain Steinbrenner likes this.
  8. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Government knows to much now as it is there are unit leaders that control if when and where a fight will Take place it can tell you it will not be the aggressions choice foreign or domestic !
    The not me worried part is government is doing a bang up job of destroying its self one just has to see our leaders mimicking other high cost of living countries just because the average person gets a couple bucks an hour raise but cost of living goes up 20 to 50% on items like food and housing including the high rate of taxes here does not really make a great economy Trump's a economic fool that's never been poor even during his bankruptcy's has always dined well !
    Not everyone can join a well regulated militia there are procedures to follow and the individual will be checked out , dont think the unit I belong to has been infiltrated although a few attempt have been made !

9. Onkel Walther

Onkel Walther

Well, within the last 100 years we saw a lot of people walking to death camps in Germany, Soviet Union, China, Cambodia etc. and most of them didn't offer any resistance.

While ISIS terrorized parts of Iraq and Syria, they enslaved the Yazidis, killed the men and sold the women at the market. Almost without any Yazidi resistance. The only guys who fought ISIS where the Kurds.

A chubby man in his fifties, running slowly trough the woods as a militia man, will have my full respect. Even if he will get killed within the first hour after war began.
    Much more respect than all the people who walked into the death camps with their heads down.

10. scattershot

scattershot

Resistance is one thing, but I think a lot of these militia types have an inflated view of their effectiveness. No doubt about them being patriots.

clancy, KS-G21-Fan and Onkel Walther like this.
  11. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

If not mistaken a King George made remarks similar we all know how that ended !

Onkel Walther likes this.
  12. KS-G21-Fan

KS-G21-Fan

Just Glocks likes this.
  13. KS-G21-Fan

KS-G21-Fan

1: There isn't one concise answer, because its dependent on region and timeline. IT may start out as just a few people with 1 or 2 being combat vets taking down an alphabet bois office. later on in the conflict, it will eventually likely be multiple states and their organized forces with very conventional forces.
    2: Depends on the region and timeline. Early on? hardly any...decentralized will be a strategic strength.
    3: Depends on region and timeline. early on...likely everything will be regional and organic. Later on? Places like the Lake city armory will be deep in patriot land pumping out rounds for 2A effort or it will be burned to the ground.
    4: Depends on region and timeline. Likely at first to areas with the highest need.
    5: Orders? Once again; dependent on region and timeline. Asymmetric warfare is like this. It may start with a few guys taking down an alphabet boi office...it may end with several states overrunning DC. Lots of variables.
    6: That will be pretty easy; alphabet boi? probably open season. Would there be a point 2A folks are dragging people out of their homes for reprisal? It happens in every insurgency.

I know you want some easy, binary answers to justify your anti-2A position (on a glock forum, I ask, why?), but asymmetric warfare is this way for a reason. it will not be like 1861 when it's state vs state...it will be more likely to be rural/suburban vs urban.

Just Glocks likes this.
  14. clancy

clancy

I am not looking for some easy, binary answers, just trying to get a grasp of your seriousness. Why, because I think you are in fantasyland, do you get the idea I am anti-2nd Amendment? Is that supposed to be a petty insult, is your fantasy of taking up arms against the government so fragile that it cannot withstand any scrutiny, or are you insane enough to hope for an armed insurrection in this country?

15. KS-G21-Fan

KS-G21-Fan

Agreed. I don't know of any 2a militia types who have any illusion of going head-to-head with an armored column. That's why they plan on asymmetric warfare; targets of opportunity, fluidity is critical. You don't take on the armored column, you take on the convoy that keeps it fueled. you don't take on the brigade of soldiers in an open field; You 'hug their belts' at opportunity.

Just Glocks likes this.
  16. clancy

clancy

It ended when we were bailed out by the other world power, France. God forbid there really is an armed insurrection in this country, do you really think another country will come to support us, or will our long list of enemies be swarming on us like a pack of vultures on a wounded animal?

17. KS-G21-Fan

KS-G21-Fan

Fantasyland? Well, I mean, ya, that's always a possibility. I mean, you could perceive me as one of those people who just gives up his future, his kid's future willy-nilly because a government official holds a gun to my head. I mean, that's your right to think about that. It's not my job to change your mind. Your previous commentary makes it pretty clear you perceive firearms as a hobby alone; akin to kayaking. not very seriously. I consider it akin to the right to self defense. very seriously. I think that's the reason why we're in such different places. If you're asked to turn in your glock for whatever reason, you're going to do it because it's a hobby. Me? not so much.

And no, I hope for a bright future. But i've seen enough of mankind to understand our past is painted with the blood of innocent people.

Just Glocks likes this.
  18. KS-G21-Fan

KS-G21-Fan

Even 20 fat guys with rifles can be combat effective given the right circumstances. 20 guys from elevated positions in a "L" formation can bring an awful lot of firepower on something for 30 seconds.

And those 'old fat guys' will likely be supported by a bunch of people when the alphabet bois get video cammed firing indiscriminately into a crowd.

glock1097, Just Glocks and DMaddox like this.
  19. KS-G21-Fan

KS-G21-Fan

You must have gotten some crack units in Afghanistan and Iraq. My guys were more of a danger to us and themselves in most door to door combat unless we could point them in one direction and they felt completely supported by American units.

20. billorights

billorights