close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody have experience with this pack?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by brian321, Jan 28, 2010.

1. brian321

brian321

2. Price

Price

I used one of these molle rucks for a while some of it in Iraq but most of the miles put on it were during training road marches just because not alot of times you carry a ruck over there. I went through about 6 replacement frames, usually carried around 60-80 pounds. I loved the thing as far as function and comfort when it wasnt broken but the plastic frame just can't handle a whole lot of weight and rough treatment. So overall I would probably give it a C.

3. TheBelly

TheBelly

I agree with what price posted.

That style of frame had some durability issues with the plastic used.

For $60 I think you will definitely get what you pay for.

If you are wanting a good external frame pack, I've always been partial to the old school ALICE pack. Metal external frame, and plenty of room on the inside. As an example I have my issued MOLLE rucksack (the newer generation to what the OP requested opinions about) sitting in my basement in a plastic bag waiting to get turned back into the Army, but my ALICE pack is in my office ready for whatever deployment/field problem I have next.

here's a link for what the ALICE is like: http://www.calarmy.com/backpacks/alice/index.html

(I don't know the OP's level of familiarity with military equipment past or present, so I won't assume)

4. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Thanks for posting that link, about the only surplus website I have seen with 100% surplus instead of 10% surplus, 90% flea market trash.

5. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

6. brian321

brian321

No problem, You might wanna also try www.cheaperthandirt.com They usually have good military stuff, I usually go by the reviews, if they are good, usually the product is good.