close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody have a surefire x300????

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Ryanty12, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Ryanty12

Ryanty12

What are some good holsters out there that accommodate it? How well has the light worked for you?

2. Copis

Copis

great light! I run 'em for my pistols and carbines

Raven Concealment
    Blade-Tech

Im sure there are more

3. O'DubhGhaill

O'DubhGhaill

4. EJP

EJP

IMHO its the best light out there...

5. O'DubhGhaill

O'DubhGhaill

The X300 is an outstanding light, but I found it far too bright for my use in our home with narrow passageways all painted white - the X200B is perfect, but not available anymore. You won't go wrong with a Surefire.

6. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Yes. Using a safariland 5188 holster.

7. RSPBPD

RSPBPD

I have a surefire 200B & 300, you can not go wrong with the 300. 200B is on my G21, and the 300 is on my G34. Both are carried in the safariland 6280-6832 duty holster.Searched many houses and business with this setup, You will be satisfied with this LED light.

8. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

What is your intended use for the setup?

9. ZRT650

ZRT650

if you can spare the extra $70 the X300 is far better than a tlr. solid construction and bright as hell. If you go this route I would suggest getting a DG pressure switch

10. crazypilot

crazypilot ERAU Alumni '05

I have a Raven Phantom LC holster. It works great.

11. evan1293

evan1293

I have a blade-tech with belt loops. Its fully adjustable, comfortable and fast. Not great for concealment but a good range holster. Well made and durable.

[​IMG]

PS. I ordered it for a g19 but a g17 will fit into it as well.

As far as the light goes...as others have said, its super bright. Honestly, having used TLR lights in the past, I would go for one of those and save some $. The brightness between the two seems close to me. I have an m3x as well and there's no comparison between that and the surefire x300 which blows it away. The surefire is smaller and lower profile and puts out a whole lot more light.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  12. Hemisport

Hemisport

Love the x300, I also have the x200. They are both nightstand and truck use. I don't have any holsters for them. I am thinking about an X400 and a Kimber SIS RL as a way to spend some of my tax return.

13. Ryanty12

Ryanty12

i bought the x300 and its sick. SUPER bright. I like this holster. is it kydex? If it is i feel like kydex just doesnt have that quality feel. I could be totally wrong.

14. evan1293

evan1293

It is kydex. Its a quality kydex holster unlike some others out there..fobus etc...

Its not leather and if your really into leather, this probably won't do it for you. This is a fast holster to draw from, super durable, and robust. Its a good holster for someone who competes in combat style matches or for tactical type shooting. Its not real good for carry, although for a weapon mounted light holster, its fairly low profile. If I was going to CC a gun with a weapon mounted light I'd probably go with a Raven Concealment holster.

15. RayB

RayB Retired Member

16. Ryanty12

Ryanty12

WHy would you buy the old model? I got my 300 for $190..$200 after tax. Same price on eBay, I was just lucky enough that my local gun shop was selling them for this price so i didnt have to pay shipping or wait.

17. RayB

RayB Retired Member

If memory serves...

Originally, SureFire offered the X200A, which produced a spot beam with its TIR lens, using only 80 lumens. The tight beam would allow a LEO to identify an armed suspect at thirty yards. But the tight beam was somewhat lacking for indoor use.

Enter the X200B, which utilized a higher output LED, a Pyrex glass window, and micro-textured reflector to produce a broad flood beam, well suited for indoor use. It is still arguably the best for dedicated indoor use, but has somewhat limited range for use outdoors.

Though SureFire hasn't explained themselves to my knowledge, the X200A and X200B were quietly discontinued and replaced by the all purpose X300, which combines much of the performance of the X200's A & B. This was probably a smart move merchandising-wise, as it’s easier to market and sell one all purpose model.

Attached is a pic of how the X200A and X200B perform under identical conditions, with the same camera, and same settings. The difference is striking. Clearly, the X200B is far better for indoor use.

Still, specialty items have their place...

I still say the X200A would serve double-duty, quite nicely as a targeting device for a shotgun; and indeed in some venues, the X200A model is still sought after.

--Ray

18. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

I personally have never seen a situation when I am doing a building search where I felt I had too much light.
    Pat