close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody hate thier job? and why?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mixflip, Mar 8, 2010.

1. mixflip

mixflip

Does anybody here hate their job? I know we are smack dab in the middle of one of the worst recessions/economic down turns in recent history so if you have a job you should be grateful, but are there any folks actually looking to quit their job for something else...even now?

I just applied to 3 different federal jobs because my state job is going to hell in a hand basket. Furloughs, no cost of living increases, loss of benefits, no OT, hiring freezes so I have do do more work when folks get laid off or retire with no raise, no training...and to top it off horrible boss/management.

But hey at least I have a job to complain about right?

God, I hope the Feds pick me up and get me outta here!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  2. okie

okie GT Mayor

I feel your pain my friend, my boss is an asswipe. The company I work for runs on fear and intimidation,and lies. I work 36 hours a week in 6 days don't get no raises:upeyes::steamed:

3. Fungunner

Fungunner

I dare say, most people have hated their jobs, at least once. The people you work for, under or with are the usual culprits.

4. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

I hated my last job. I did not like the work and did not like the management. So I transferred to another agency and moved across the country.

Now, I hate my job and hate the management. I am micromanaged beyond anything I have ever encountered before. The office politics are horrendous and I am looking to transferr once again and this time it may seriously effect my marriage.

on the bright side, I only have to do this for 22 more years.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  5. devildog2067

devildog2067

When I hated my job I quit. I know not everyone has that luxury and I'm grateful, but life is way too short to keep doing something that you hate.

6. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

I don't hate my job, but I hate how people look at me because of the job I do. It's not everyone that looks down on me, but it is surprising the amount of people that give me dirty looks or go out of their way to avoid me. It's a good job though, no threat of loosing it, pays the bills, so I just blow it off.

7. JohnHoliday

JohnHoliday

I hate my job.

I work at least 45 hours a week, more like 55, and am Salaried, so they don't have to pay me for the extra hours.

I work for a company based off of lies and threats. My job gets threated weekly.

Actually, I like my direct boss. Home Office, Headquarters, Corporate, just has no clue what actually goes on, and sets ridiculous goals, and judges success on things that don't really matter. They really don't understand the big picture. They make us push small products as add-on sales, which is fine, but then they judge us way too much on add-on sales, instead of overall sales, that it makes us look better to convince our customers to buy a product 10 times cheaper, because that has a way larger effect on the overall scorecard then it should.

I have to deal with ignorant and stupid customers every day, who think we have no clue what we are talking about. I realize these people keep us in business, but I get asked questions every day that the answers are very obvious. I could go on all day about the stupid conversation I have to make every day with people.

However, I thank God every day that I have a job, and trust in him to provide for me.

/rant

8. SCHADENFREUDE

SCHADENFREUDE

I loathe my job. But I am told I am not suppose to complain. I wish I could. It would be epic.

9. JASV.17

JASV.17 Prime Example

The devil does not wear Prada. She's wears a tennis outfit, and if she spent even a fraction of the time that she does on her home tennis court at her actual company, she probably STILL wouldn't even have any idea what goes on here.

10. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

I love my job! :tongueout:
    :outtahere:

It's weird. the previous three people who sat where I do now all burned out after a few years, and left.
    I've been here for two years now, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I can honestly say that if I won the lottery tonight, I would be at work tomorrow morning.

So I guess the point is, find a job you love and you'll never work another day of your life.

11. lilop

lilop

It's funny this thread came up. I just quit my job of 9 years and enrolled in nursing school.

12. chris in va

chris in va

I'm self employed...so no. I'm fortunate enough to have employment working as a sub contractor, but sometimes I'm tasked to do work that is really out of my field of expertise, and insurance regulations. Oh well.

Every time I hear about someone hating their job, it's because they have to work under someone else.

13. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

I'm self employed and have been for over 30 years. I always laugh when someone says it must be nice to be your own boss. The truth of the matter is, if you're self employed, everybody is your boss!

14. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

My job has moments but it's still much much better than working a helpdesk. That was my first job out of college and I HATED it. I was working more than 40 hours a week, no overtime, giving up lunches, and basically chained to my desk from the moment I walked into the door.

I've had two GREAT bosses in the last 10 years here at this .org. They don't hassle me, don't follow me around to "check up" on me and I get the feeling most of my coworkers generally give a crap about one another outside of this place. They assign work here and let you go.

Job before I worked at this .org, I worked in a service department for a computer software company. I was the only female in an office full of men. That job was never boring and I do miss working with all guys (men don't stab one another in the back like women do). Most days that place was totally laid back.

15. Shima

Shima

I didnt know you worked for my company? LOL! My boss is as crooked as a used car salesman. The customers that come here expect to get their airplanes worked on for $35 an hour. It's horrible.

16. silentpoet

silentpoet

I don't hate my job. I would rather have more pay and better hours, but that is not the end of the world for me. I am in the process of getting another job, if the next interview goes well I think I will have one. But my current job is by no means awful. It just isn't enough of a challenge or at least does not use very much of my potential. I can do it very well, but I don't want to be in it forever.

17. rahrah12

rahrah12

I like my job a lot actually, but the guy who works under me on my team absolutely drives me crazy...I might have to fire him which I really do not want to do. He actually has been working there longer than me and has a family but I am pretty much at my limit with him...There is a lot of talent available.

18. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

I got all you guys beat.I work at Walmart.Need I say more ? :steamed::steamed::steamed:

19. silentpoet

silentpoet

I escaped almost 5 years ago.

20. vart

vart

I like my job, but hate the 1.5 hour commute to and from work everyday.

Being away from my family 13 hours a day, 4 days a week, really sucks.

Great pay, great boss, tolerable customers, and great coworkers still can't overcome all the hours...