Anybody gone to a Prepper Expo?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by mrmedina, Sep 6, 2015.

1. mrmedina

mrmedina NRA Member

2. nursetim

nursetim

I wish they'd have one in Phoenix.

3. wingryder

wingryder

Being prepared then:
    [​IMG]

... and now.

[​IMG]

mrmedina likes this.
  4. Kentguy

Kentguy

5. Morris

Morris CLM

Yes, sort of like a gunshow. You get normal folks, some fringes left or right, vendors, some good, some bad exhibitions or training sessions. You get the sellers, and some buyers (who range from getting a few things to backing up a dump truck to load up).

I went to the one they had in Seattle as a means to study people and get a sense of who was attending (people watching can be fun) as well as attend one course. A few stereotypes but quite a few not meeting what you'd expect.

Some sellers had good deals. Some were selling at cost (when some things were actually cheaper on-line). I had a nasty reaction from one vendor when I asked him if his stove was made in the USA or North America. He told me the Chinese could build them better and cheaper for him.

mrmedina likes this.
  6. davesretired1

davesretired1

I've been to two shows here. One at the LDS in I believe Mesa, and the other one in a hanger at Falcon Field. Don't remember how I found out about them, but I would guess I saw them on some local shooting boards.

nursetim likes this.
  7. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

I went to a few in the 1990s. The biggest one took up most of CalExpo where they hold the California State Fair - quite the production.

8. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Why are gun shows "circuses"? I've been to a few and I wouldn't describe them like that. Not sure what shows yo are going to.

9. SFCSMITH(RET)

SFCSMITH(RET)

Seems we are going to one this weekend.. Don't have a clue really of what to expect, but it's got to be better than, say, spending Saturday digging a ditch..

mrmedina likes this.
  10. Mattkcc

Mattkcc

If you had been to gun shows 20-30 years ago you would understand. Using the term circus maybe too nice a term to use for gun shows today. Old time gun shows they actually sold guns at them. Today most of the venders sell everything but guns including candles, crank medical devices, mall ninja gear. When a table actually have guns they are generally so overpriced only a fool would buy them.

Why do I bother to go, one I can sometimes find decent deals on reloading supplies. Also, it's a great place to sell a gun if you price it reasonable. Some of the best gun shows are the small local shows, often put on buy a local club.

11. Radius_Retention_Systems

Radius_Retention_Systems RADIUS RETENTION SYSTEMS

Meh...
    When, if, something, anything (take your pick), happens...
    I won't have to look into my kids teared up eyes as they cry and tell me how hungry they are, nor will I have to come fight you for your ****.
    Go to the show.

12. Tombstone

Tombstone

Went to one a couple of weeks ago in KC. Less vendors than I expected and not much really good things to see or ideas to get. It was the first one here that I know about. Maybe they can attract more vendors if they do it. Wish I had picked up some of the filter straws while there. That was about the only thing of any real interest to me that I saw.