close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody familiar with XBOX live?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JAY-TX, Jan 19, 2010.

1. JAY-TX

JAY-TX

I just signed up, and the online play is great.
    However, my wife would like to play as well. Does she have to use my profile or can she create her own profile for online play without me having to pay 50 bucks for another gold membership?

2. Easterbrook

Easterbrook Wagon Burner

She can play on your profile, though she'll affect your stats in online games (if you care about that).

Or you can pay $50 and she can get her own 1 year gold xbox live membership.

3. Turbodreams

Turbodreams

Are you trying to play together on the same console? Most games only allow one account to be signed in at a time. Some of which allow you to have 'guests' play with you.

Some games will allow you to sign in with more then one account, and yes that second one needs to be paid for.

4. astowolf

astowolf

i think amazon is selling one years for 35 about now, or they were a week ago... check it out.

5. JAY-TX

JAY-TX

Thanks guys.

I'm not worried about playing at the same time with her online. She just wanted her own profile to play on.

Let me ask you this. I have a profile with a gamer score of 24k. How would I get online with that profile? Or is that even possible?

6. rahrah12

rahrah12

she can either play on your account or as a guest of yours and play with you...

7. glock4529

glock4529

You can create a profile for each game. Your GAMER TAG is the name you use online. For example, when I lived at home, my 2 brothers and I each had out own profile for NHL hockey, but had one gamer tag to sign online and play. Only one gamer tag can be signed on at a time per xbox console. I hope this helps.

8. captainstormy

captainstormy

+1 Never pay $50 for a year of xbox live. There are several places that sell the 1 year cards for about 35-40 bucks.

9. captainstormy

captainstormy

You can convert your profile to a gamertag and keep all your achievements. You might have to change the name though if someone else already has it. Just recently did this for my fiancée.

10. BLiTzNicK

BLiTzNicK Silent Member

Yep, and you'll also need to pony up for an Xbox Live Sub as well.

11. captainstormy

captainstormy

Yep.

On a side note, if the OP and his girl wanna play online together they will probably have to get a second xbox. Thats the only real complaint I have with the 360.

There are lots of games like for example borderlands where we can play split screen together on the couch in the offline mode. But we can't play together online with other people unless shes using a different 360. I guess thats a way Microsoft sells more consoles. We bought a second 360 and another HDTV because of that.

Though despite what most people in this thread have said, you can have more then one xbox live gold account signed in at once. We have done it. Both of us get notifications of our frinds being online, messages, etc etc. We just can't play games online from the same console.

12. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Check www.slickdeals.net as there are frequently Xbox Live Gold 12 month cards for $30-35.

13. Mr King

Mr King XD40 Service