close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody else here hit some caffeine before their workout?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Glock13, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Glock13

Glock13

I am taking part in an MDS medical study right now. One of the restrictions is that you can't take caffeine within 48 hours of the study. It is for four weekends. I usually take a caffeine pill before every workout. I had to skip it yesterday (since I am here at the study right now). I just have a harder timed getting pumped about the workout. Anybody else here use caffeine or another stimulant before their workouts?

2. testosterone

testosterone

i used to take 25mgs of ephedrine..then it turned into 50, then 75, then 100...all of a sudden i was poppin 8-10 tabs at a time to get an effect...that was back when i first started training and didnt know any better...now i know to take stimulants for no more then two weeks at a time and then a few weeks off....

3. python1340

python1340 Licensed to Ill

Yup, your body builds up a tolerance to ephedrine fast. I used to drink Dan Duchaine's Ultlimate Orange before workouts years ago.

4. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I have one cup of coffee a day. On max effort days (Monday bench, Tuesday squat/deadlift), I have it about half an hour befor the workout begins. That is the only caffeine I have, so it gives a boost.

5. Glock13

Glock13

Ephedrine was the greatest. I had my best workouts when I was using Ripped Fuel. Two before a workout and I was guaranteed to have a great workout, not matter what condition I was in before the workout. Too bad it's banned now.:(

6. python1340

I still can't believe that happened. I figured the supplement lobby was powerful enough to keep that from happening. I guess not. A few rotten apples spoil it for the whole bunch.

7. Mister Joshua

Mister Joshua Sig Addiction

Excedrine (asprin + caffeine) and Black Star Labs "GO" (caffeine and "mental focus" supplements) before and during a workout, with BCAA's

I sometimes have to workout, in the florida heat, for 2-4 hours due to strongman training... so every bit of edge I can get, I do get.

8. testosterone

testosterone

i stocked up before they took it off the shelf...but its still able to be found...any truck stop will have it...ephedrine hcl mixed with gluffasin (sp) which is an expedorant (sp)....sold as a brochial medication that helps to cough up phlem...doesnt impact the effects of the ephedrine at all..and its legal....its not sold as a diet supplement but as a bronchial aid so its legal, for now

9. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Ripped Fuel was the greatest. Its really too bad Congressional busybodies feel compelled to fake like they're doing something. Same thing w/ the non-issue of steroid use in baseball.

Nowadays I use a double shot of espresso and VPX Redline.

Test, thanks for the heads up on DPS. They are much lower than the other places I've been buying from. (from the other thread)

10. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

That's ironic. Years ago I used to puke up Ultimate Orange, usually on squat days!;)

11. Glock9mmFan

Glock9mmFan VoteLibertarian

You can still get ephedrine with an exporant. The beta 1 and beta 2 receptors quickly build a tolerance to the higher levels of noradrenaline acting upon them. Pseudoephedrine, which you can still get pure, has a greater effect as a beta-2 agonist and a lesser effect as a beta-1 agonist. But they all trigger the release of noradrenaline which hits all beta receptors.

Stimulants are good, just watch your heart rate and blood pressure-- they can get high if you're taking a lot and working out. High doses of stimulants can be fatal.

12. supadupamikey

supadupamikey

i need to start working out again. long story short, i broke my hand almost 2 years ago and have been slacking since.

i still got some of the old skool Ripped Fuel - w00t!

i used to take 1 before working out if i felt like crap and really didn't feel like going to the gym. if i took 2, my hands would shake really bad and i would stutter big time when i tried to talk. whew!

i drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning and usually a couple cans of soda throughout the day. yeah, i need to give up my addictions too...

13. Glock13

Glock13

Wanna sell it?

14. testosterone

testosterone

yeah that old ripped fuel with the orange label if i remember correctly, was some strong stuff...i think i have a few bottles myself...i stocked up before the ban....

15. supadupamikey

supadupamikey

there's only a few left in the bottle. :(

16. gunguru1

gunguru1

I find it useful to eat a light, carbohydrate-rich meal about an hour before my scheduled workout. This helps boost my training drive towards the end of my routine.

gunguru1

17. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

I have a nephew that uses caffeine to help burn the excess body fat.
    He runs about 5 miles every morning.

18. python1340

Whaddya wanna bet the running burns more fat than the caffeine? ;)

19. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

It helps burn fat faster. Ephedra is more correct.

20. testosterone

testosterone

ephedra and caffine both stimulate the release of norepinepherine (sp) which helps to burn fat...ephedra does a much better job of this then caffine...actually using both of them together has a super-additive effect....
    anyways