Anybody else getting Wayne LaPierre spam on GlockTalk?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TGT, Jan 16, 2020 at 1:36 PM.

1. TGT

TGT They call me "The Chef". Fruit salad my specialty.

Shameless king LaPierre doesn't get it.

You'd think with all the negativity and anger from the NRA membership about his 7 figure salary, luxury clothing shopping sprees, paid cruises for him & the wife, desire to have the NRA buy him a $6-million mansion at a golf community, and other financial improprieties.... (under a job that is NOT subject to the NRA election process).... that maybe this guy might want to keep a low profile and stay out of the spotlight. Ya think? The NRA membership is down a lot, the tax free status of the NRA is under scrutiny, and this clown shows his face like we are all friggin clueless & don't know what going on there. Yes, we understand that the NRA wishes to recruit members, but you'd think he'd be little smarter and use the NRA logo or somebody else's face to do it.
    Wayne LaPierre from Word (3).jpg
    Shameless Wayne LaPierre!

evlbruce and slamdunc like this.
  2. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I don't know if they've lost any membership for some have gone and some have joined, but they could of used Noir or Dana as a better face.

B C, Rotn1, AdamRodgers and 3 others like this.

3. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I never see any "spam" on GT. I have an ad blocker.

-JCN-, evlbruce, Pima Pants and 9 others like this.
  4. 153

In this age of “fake” news what % of the news about Wayne and the NRA do you believe?

pipedreams and Rotn1 like this.
  5. Caver 60

Caver 60

I've never liked Wayne since he backed down from the "Jack Booted Thugs," statement. But I'm still a member of the NRA.

larry_minn, spork, aircarver and 6 others like this.
  6. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers 23 Year member of the 9mm Cult!

I have add blockers also so nope don't see em, but I am cool with seeing stuff for the NRA or GOA, now I would absolutely loose my mind if a add from "Newtown" or "Mom's Demand Action" :fist: popped up hear.

spork, aircarver, Rotn1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

How much do think is true? I will stick with Wayne and other NRA members . Still the best organization we have to fight the Libs.

Rotn1 likes this.
  8. Rotn1

Rotn1

So, ignore it....... What the big deal? One add triggers you to the point of having to bash him and the NRA at a time when the Anti's appear to be going into overdrive. Notice anything odd in VA these days?
    Yeah probably more important to take shots at old Wayne.

9. TGT

TGT They call me "The Chef". Fruit salad my specialty.

Do you know it takes your membership and another 24,444 NRA memberships at $45 each to pay Wayne LaPierre's salary $1.1mm for a year? ..... not including his perks which drain additional memberships. The charges about Pierre's excessive expenditures are well know and coming from within the board and membership itself...including Oliver North who resigned over it. Marion Hammer has been another well known longtime point for contention too. Or are you not aware of any of this?

Furthermore, why is Pierre some kind of lifelong king of the NRA who we Lifetime Members (Yes, I'm one of them)don't get to vote for or against, while many of the other board members require a vote? This kind of cozy set-up makes for abuse and corruption which is well noted for many years by the NRA membership. If enough pressure was put on the organization, this shyster would have been out in 2019 when he refused to resign. He's been a very ineffectual leader with absolutely no charisma or "fire in the belly". Board member Ted Nugent, Oliver North, or a number of others would have made better leaders then this patent leather princess.

Believe what you want.

evlbruce likes this.
  10. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Yeah, me to. "AdBlock."

I can't stand that pop up crap on my computer. I wish there was a ad blocker for TV.

MB-G26, TGT, spork and 2 others like this.
  11. powernoodle

powernoodle

Then you should ignore TGT.

He's right, btw. LaPierre has done great damage to the premier 2nd Amendment advocate in America. That's hardly something we can or should ignore.

PEC-Memphis likes this.
  12. Rotn1

Rotn1

Right or wrong, now is not the time for gun owners to be divided.
    We are under attack. First things first.

13. spork

spork Caffeinator

14. Rotn1

Rotn1

I am a Patron Life Member and have, over the years sent the NRA / ILA many thousands of Dollars. I’m a just little beyond the $45 level so I have the right, ability and knowledge to defend them.

I gather you didn’t / haven’t spent much time around Washington DC. If you did you would better understand the scale of money, entertaining (expense accounts) and odd schmoozing required to lobby the swamp.
    We may not like the swamp but it needs to be managed until it is controlled / eliminated.
    Look around Washington........ you know what you see? A bunch of old guys....... that’s why they call it the “old boys network”. You want to throw away years and years of contacts and relationships in a city that only works with contacts and relationships.
    You also seem concerned by cash. I’ll make it simple for you.
    In terms of Washington lobbying, which is what the NRA does, Wayne’s costs are little league. That’s what it costs and that’s what you will pay for the contacts and someone with access whether you like it or not.
    Wayne is not particularly my favorite either but now is not the time for friendly fire on leadership.

153, Jan R Whitaker and AdamRodgers like this.
  15. jd4223

jd4223

Nobody's divided when it comes to pointing out what's wrong with the NRA and what needs to be done to get continued support from it's members. I'm sure you and every other member wouldn't support some one who is now giving the organization a "black eye" and adding more negativity for the Libs to feed on. When we police our own instead of circling the wagons like the Libs when 1 of their own comes under fire it shows we have integrity and honesty, by not covering up or down playing wrong doing. If we expect the same from our leaders in Washington,then why not expect it from the NRA. When as a life time member I voiced my displeasure and concerns when the NRA endorsed Harry Reid along with a whole lot of other members,we were blown off and basically told our voices didn't matter. So how has the NRA addressed the displeasure from it's members regarding Mr. Wayne Lapierre? Is this going to be a behind closed doors handling? Or are they going to be open and out front? No matter what happens,the Left is never going to like/support the NRA or those who support the NRA.

Jan R Whitaker and Rotn1 like this.
  16. Rotn1

Rotn1

I’m ok “retiring” Wayne, quietly Professionally. Out, with his head up high with the transition to a great replacement and friendly hand over.
    Time and a place, time and a place.
    It is neither the time nor the place without a circular firing squad.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  17. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

And don't forget Chris Cox.

Not a fan of Wayne. Horrible speaker. Too many "perks".

Been there too long (similar to a lot of elected politicians).

I'm still a supporter of the NRA and life member in spite of Wayne, I'd rather see someone like Adam Kraut at the helm.

Rotn1 likes this.
  18. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

If Wayne had even the tiniest shred of interest in the 2nd amendment he would have long ago resigned. Their is no gun rights organization called the NRA, simply a shady charity for a millionaire named Wayne LaPierre.

If you want to donate to that, your business not mine, just don’t kid yourself about the purpose.

19. evlbruce

evlbruce

But how will you find out if you get a free iPhone?

20. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I don't want a free iphone. All I need is my flip phone that does two things; makes calls, and receives calls. Better living through simplicity.