GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,351 Posts
As I’m sure you all know, the downfall in the fuel mileage is the gearing, one of the main reason we like them. Without the tighter gear range, they would be pretty gutless in the sloppy stuff or when pulling someone out. But everything comes with a price. And I’ll take lower fuel mileage and gain low end power over the alternative. My 4Runner has the 4.0, plenty of power on and off road. I deal with the 19-23 mpg I get to have that low end, just what I want in a 4X4.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I have a 2012 SV. 58K miles, only 1minor issue. I haven’t done any hard core four wheeling but it does fine in muddy cow pastures and going up and down hills on old logging roads.
The 4.0 pulls everything I need to pull. I would definitely buy again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've owned several Nissan trucks over the last 30 years and they have all been extremely rugged and reliable.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The NISMO was a 2wd but completely decked out the as a 4wd. I really never go 4x4ing. The current closest thing they have is a model called the DesertRunner. A little side note: The turning radius is due to the Frontier being built on the Titan frame.

Dan...

·
Wayward Member
5,249 Posts
I have a 2013. It has 135K on it and just keeps on going. I use it to haul firewood and construction stuff, in the bed and with a trailer. Definitely going to keep buying them.

Reactions: gwalchmai

·
Registered
110 Posts
My mom has a 2017 4x4 SV. She’s really old, frail and probably shouldn’t be driving. She complains that it’s hard for her to steer it when sitting still or going slow and because of the turning radius she has to do it more.
I drove it once to her mother’s funeral because my Taco and Mustang are both Two seaters. This was in Appalachia, but the auto trans did a whole lot of searching. It would down shift for about Five seconds and then up shift and immediately lug over and over when climbing any grade (OD was turned off). It seemed the gears were too long and too few.
I drive a base model 2013 4x4 Tacoma that has a dated interior except for the factory touchscreen. The Nissan’s interior seems cheap and plasticy even compared to it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've been driving Nissan trucks since 1988...

Bought my first one from my Dad and have owned 3 of them since.

When I bought my first new vehicle late in 2013, it was a 2014 Nissan 4x4 Frontier (SV model)...

The dealership called me late in 2016 and offered me more than I owed on it to trade it in... So I traded and upgraded to the 2017 Pro 4X Frontier I have now.

All solid and reliable trucks...I hope they never "upgrade" the current design...it is about as good as it can get for the niche it fills.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts