close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any1 try the Ghost Ranger 4.5 connector?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pm666, May 30, 2011.

1. pm666

pm666

Wondered if anyone has installed the Ghost Ranger 4.5 connector and what they thought of it and/or what it did or didn't do.
    Does it just help with the "break" of the trigger?

Thanks,
    p

2. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

I use it in my carry-gun: a G36. The trigger-pull is right at five pounds, with a $0.25 trigger job also.
    The measured trigger weight of my new OD G36 was just over eight pounds, which was the worst Glock I've ever tried. The Ranger pull is decent; feels much like the Glock pull in terms of reset, etc. and is fine with me. I don't carry the (-) connector, as the 3.5# is too light for me in my EDC.
    ...and I do use the 6# spring in addition.
    S2 Simple to install.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011

3. BigLaw

BigLaw

I run one in my duty gun (Glock 22). It feels different than the stock connector. The pull is a little lighter and it breaks pretty clean. I like it. I run the Ghost 3.5 Rocket in my off duty gun (Glock 23) I like it a lot better.

4. ck1

ck1 Some Dude

I've had several, they're my favorite, and I've tried every connector out there at least twice... The 3.5's are too mushy and long IMO, the Ghost 4.5 Ranger is really almost as light but stays shorter and more crisp like the stock connector, works really great with a 6lb trigger spring too, doesn't ruin the reset like with a 3.5.

If you want lighter than the stock connector but don't want any mush it's the way, pretty sure it's the only "in-between" 4.5 connector out there.

5. JJay03

JJay03 NRA Member

I thought about using this connector could you show me what trigger spring you use with it? What difference does this spring make over the stock also?

6. ck1

ck1 Some Dude

I've used the Wolff 6lb trigger-spring, Glockworx's trigger-spring, and Glockmeister's "competition" trigger-spring... They're all pretty much the same, they're just a stronger spring compared to stock and in a Glock the trigger-spring actually works opposite from most other guns and pulls in the same direction you do helping you pull the trigger so it helps the pull seem lighter. Combined with the Ghost 4.5 Ranger connector the stronger spring gets you to about the same pull-weight or less as you get using a 3.5lb connector but it ends up being a much shorter, crisper trigger, with a shorter reset similar to the reset you get with a stock Glock 5.0lb connector.

It's worth mentioning that I'm speaking of when using a stock strength striker-spring... I've found the stronger trigger-springs don't work very well with the reduced-power striker-springs and ruin the trigger-reset. Since I shoot mostly factory ammo I stick to the stock striker-springs so I don't get any light-strike problems (reduced-power striker-springs are really only 100% reliable if you load your own ammo and can use Federal primers exclusively).

For guys who shoot cheaper factory FMJ like WWB, Wolf, S&B or Wallyworld stuff this trigger parts combo (4.5 Ranger + stronger trigger-spring) seems to be the all-around best I've found as far as being light enough to really shoot well, keeping the snappy Glock trigger-reset, and being still short and crisp.

I've found on the clock that I'm better off with the stock 5.0 connector which is crisp and short than the 3.5 connectors which, while lighter, are long and mushy, the Ranger connector bridges the gap, I'm surprised it's not more popular. The clock/targets doesn't lie, this combo helps.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  7. JJay03

JJay03 NRA Member

Good reply thanks for the info. I figured thats how it helped but wanted to hear cause I never tried one. Does someone sell both the ranger connector and the wolf spring so I can get both at the same place?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  8. Disregarded9-side

Disregarded9-side Armchair IPSCer

I just installed this connector and use if with an otherwise stock G23. The trigger pull is MUCH lighter and smoother. The reset feels shorter! I am a fan.

The only downside could see is that the smoothness kinda eliminates the "wall" of the trigger pull that stock Glocks have, where the trigger's travel stops before requiring additional pressure to fire.