Any X-Frame owners also own a Desert Eagle?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by emt1581, Mar 17, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I already own a .460S&W, but I'm wondering if a Desert Eagle would serve any purpose in my collection other than just looking cool at the range. I'd prefer to own a .44mag and possible a .357mag conversion.

Just curious if anyone owns both? Since the X-Frame blows any DE out of the water in the power dept., other than plinking at the range what do you use it for?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

2. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I owned a Desert Eagle before I got the 460. After about a year of oning the X FrameI got rid of the DE for a loss and have never missed it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010

3. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Oh ok. Thanks for the reply!

See the DE seems like a status symbol gun whereas the X-Frames are all business and true power-house guns. They might not come in a rainbow of colors but their size and capability make them flashy enough IMO...plus they blow a 2 foot fireball out of them!! :wow:

I'm just curious if the DE serves any purpose in a collection when someone already owns an X-Frame?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

4. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

You already blew one chance to own a .50 caliber. Don't make the same mistake twice. Get the .50AE

5. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I DO own a .50BMG. :dunno:

-Emt1581

6. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

Never owned or even shot an x-frame but im satisfied with my .50 Deagle. Yes it looks cool and gathers a crowd at the range, but it serves purpose too. I know some individuals who hunts big game with them. Great for people who live in bear country. And I love the fact that I can interchange the barrels as I please (.357, .44 & .50). Also available are 10 inch barrels for big time hunters. IMO Deagles look more intimidating than a gun that looks like it was taken out of a batman movie (no offense). Yes it matters to me because I do carry my deagle. I'd rather have the BG crap his pants and run away like a ***** than actually having to use it.
    If fireballs are your thing, you won't be disappointed with a Deagle. I've seen some crazy fireballs come out of deagles by using special hand loads.

Here's a pic of my deagle's fireball using only a factory ammo on daylight. Imagine how much bigger that would be at night time and/or using hand loads.
    [​IMG]

7. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

You CARRY your DE?!? :shocked:

Are you talking daily or as a woods gun?

I know the DE throws a nice fireball, but when you compare even a .50AE to an X-Frame round...any of them (except for maybe .45Colt) dwarf the .50AE in power.

I won't flame you for the "I'd rather the BG crap his pants and run away...than have to actually use it" comment. It's just not my style. But I'd put on your flame suit quickly as others are not as kind. ;)

-Emt1581

8. seamaster

seamaster

DE isn't a hunting gun imo. It's just a big f'n semi-auto. Like owning a monster truck, it's mostly just fun!

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

You can get a black Desert Eagle to play Arrrrnolllld in Commando. Or get a gold one and play a rap star/rock star.

10. MrOldLude

MrOldLude

Deagles are not something designed to make practical sense. You own one because you want one, and to turn heads. And if it does practical jobs, bonus.

11. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Right. I'm also going to disagree with a previous poster that said it's not a hunting gun. Even a weak .357mag has the ability to drop a deer. A stout .357mag will supposidely drop some small bears. So it does have it's uses.

But due to it's weight and decreased power, when compared to an X-Frame, it doesn't really offer anything better. The only thing I can think of is MUCH faster reloads. There aren't exactly speedloaders for X-Frames...though I'd love a pair!! You can run probably 2-3 mags through the DE in the same amount of time you can run a cylinder and reload an X-Frame.

As was mentioned, other than being a head turner, it's decent for some hunting but doesn't seem to have much other practical uses.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

12. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Reloads? If you can't kill it with five rounds of .500 S&W Magnum, you better stay home.

13. bac1023

bac1023

Less power or not, the Desert Eagle is much more fun to shoot than the X-Frame. The X-Frame is more practical and I love my revolvers, but the Desert Eagle is way cooler. :cool:

Here's my 460 and 50AE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also own a Raging Bull in 500mag.

[​IMG]

14. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

More fun to shoot...I didn't consider that. How about follow-ups...is the DE significantly faster? Ever had any issues (reliability, feeding, etc) with your DE?

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

15. bac1023

bac1023

I wouldn't say its faster, but you don't shoot either of these with speed in mind.

I've had no reliability problems at all. Its a great quality gun, in my opinion. They're also very accurate.

16. space_weazel

space_weazel

Mine has been great, I use it at the occasional bowling pin match and or to impress folks when detonating milk jugs. I think its a fun gun, and I will keep it and plan to get a BigBore revolver as well.
    [​IMG]

17. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

Absolutely nothing the 50AE can do that the .44 mag cannot. Checkout some of the loads made by Garrett! The .440 Cor-Bon conversion for the DE changes the score, however. That turns your DE into a 44magnum, magnum!

18. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

Yes I carry my Deagle and hell no, not every day. Every now and then when I feel like it.
    And what's wrong with the BG comment? I'd avoid actually shooting someone at all cost to save myself the legal issues. Shooting somebody would be my last option. Only when I feel my life or the life of a loved one is threatened, then I would actually use it.

19. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

bac is right on the money. You do not want a Deagle if speed is what you're looking for. I've also had no reliablility problems with mine after hundreds of rds. Very solid and well built. The most fun gun I've every shot thus far. And pin point accurate once you get past the nervousness, shaking and recoil of the Desert Eagle.

20. bac1023

bac1023

Yep.

I think the biggest problem people have with DE accuracy is caused by flinching.

The gun is remarkably accurate.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010