close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any way to fix a pin backing out

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Spartacus100, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

The locking block pin on my G27 is backing out during firing, any way to stop that?

2. emtjr928

emtjr928

The locking block pin has two grooves in it, when installed correctly the left groove captures the slide stop spring preventing the pin from moving. I would check these two parts for proper installation or wear.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. txgunguy

txgunguy

Have you detail stripped the gun alot? If so, you can reem out the pin holes over time, making the pins loose. I've seen a few people use a drop of clear nail polish on the outside of the pin to hold it in place. As the other person said, make sure they are installed correctly first.

4. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Try again! The locking block pin is the #1 pin. It does NOT have any grooves in it. It's the #2 trigger pin that has the grooves you mention. I'm wondering (Actually I suspect) if the OP has inadvertently switched the #1 and #3 pins?

If this isn't the situation then simply varnish the #1 pin about its enlarged ends and the problem should be cured. Still I think the OP should check for a mixup BEFORE doing anything else. If there's a plastic pin in the #1 hole then a mixup has definitely occurred. OK! :)

5. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

I rechecked the pin this morning and I definitely have the metal pin in the correct hole. The plastic pin is on the grip. I got the gun used and broke it down to clean it and it was filthy. Not sure if the previous owner had ever done that as it was a real pain getting the large pin out. I almost couldn't get it out. I used Gunzilla to clean it, could that be a possible cause?

6. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Did you follow the Glockstore video and use a hammer to drive out the pin?

7. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Is the gun relatively new? If so, call Glock and speak to the Warranty Service Department. This has been reported with some brand new Glocks and in some cases they replace just the pin, in others they replace the pin and the locking block, and in others they replace the whole frame.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  8. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

Not new at all, has a manufacture date of July 1996

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I've heard of a weak slide stop spring rarely causing the locking block win to walk out, and once the slide stop is replaced it stops walking out. That doesn't make much sense to me but it has worked for other people.

10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Roll it around in clear varnish and increase the diameter.