Any vacation tips for Cape Canaveral?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by MarcoPolo, Feb 19, 2010.

1. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo

My wife and I will be taking our 3 girls on a Disney Cruise out of Port Canaveral for spring break.

I have a "Dad" requirement that every vacation have an educational element (visit a historical site, etc.)... I'm thinking Kennedy Space Center is a no-brainer.

Just wanted some recommendations about what would be cool for 3 girls, 5-13. Looks like the simulator is awesome (and included in general admission). Also, they have an astronaut speaking appearance. (Are these more "general" or more scientific?)

Any input on what to do/avoid would be appreciated! (Keep in mind, I'll be coming off of a week long Disney cruise, so they will likely have drained my wallet at that point!) ;)

2. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I think all the visitor attractions are pretty cool. The BEST one is kind of hit or miss and it helps if you live 90 minutes away but a night time shuttle launch is awesome.

3. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Yeah, if you can watch a launch that would be the best...especially at night. Doesn't have to be a shuttle either...all the rockets going up are pretty cool.

Greg

4. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo

We will likely be there Mar 18th. I was unable to find a launch schedule.