any suggestions

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jcs71, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jcs71

jcs71

Hi there, as far as this section goes of Glocktalk it is my first time.

I was wondering could you guys suggest a couple of things for me?

I am looking for a very good handheld cb with alot of power but legal of course. I mainly want it for if I am traveling somewhere and get stranded and half to walk out. Plus it would be used for other emergencies if any would arise-god forbid. I would listen to it as well.

The other thing I was wanting was a good scanner. Listening to those is kind of interesting. Plus I am betting it would be a good source of info in an emergency. It can be either handheld or base.

Thank you.:)

2. G23Adam

G23Adam .- -.. .- --

GE used to have a really good 40 channel handheld, full legal power, but what really made it a winner was the antenna it came with. It runs off AA's IIRC. Had a dial channel changer and a hand strap. The one I had always worked great.

But really, they are all about the same, it's the antenna that makes the radio.

Buy a Uniden or a Radio Shack scanner, they work good. Install a nice exterior antenna for your home with a fast scanner with lots of memories. I use a 100 memory scanner for ham stuff and a 1000 memory for public safety and trunktracking.

3. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Guest

Uniden = Radio Shack

Only two makers of scanners now. Uniden and AOR. AOR = $$$

Many PD and State Police going to digital. Keep that in mind when buying.

http://www.scannermaster.com/