Any Sons of liberty gun works owners here?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Gunsnguitars, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Gunsnguitars

Gunsnguitars

I just ordered their M4 patrol carbine in 5.56. It hasn't been easy finding lots of reviews on this company, perhaps because they are still fairly new to the scene, but what I have been able to find is glowing reviews from those who own and use them. I have a friend who is a well respected firearms instructor and he is the one who pointed them out to me. He swears by them.

Their specs are listed in great detail on their site, which is a definite plus. Some guys are claiming they are as good as BCM or better, and they are the next big deal in the AR world. Their owner/founder seems to know what he's about, and when I called before ordering they were extremely helpful. Every piece and part has a lifetime warranty, including normal parts that wear out, such as a worn out barrel. I've never heard of such a guarantee. Is anyone else familiar with them? What are your thoughts?

I'm looking forward to trying out my new blaster!

Prices are reasonable, considering...They are very vocal about their 2A support. Their website:

https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/collections/rifles

[email protected] likes this.
  2. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Well, you ordered it so getting input is a little too late. I eagerly await your review however. Good luck with it!

3. Gunsnguitars

Gunsnguitars

I researched quite a bit, so my purchase wasn't completely uninformed, but I would still like to hear from others who have experience with them.

Thanks! Man I can't wait to run it through the ringer and post my thoughts!

4. JONM78

JONM78

5. TJx

TJx

Quality AFAIC is equal to BCM.
    I've used their LPK and BCG in a build with zero issues. Both priced better than BCM plus they have sales around the holidays.

SH10151 likes this.
  6. JONM78

JONM78

$159 for SOLGW BCG and $165 for BCM BCG. That's really "priced better"?

I do support going either way but it's a wash price wise. SOLGW and BCM both individually test their BCG and both do HPT/MPT.

7. TJx

TJx

Try $149 vs $169 but who's counting.
    The SOLGW stuff has been drifting up some lately, the BCG's were cheaper than $149 not that long ago plus like I said they do go on sale.

8. JONM78

JONM78

Thought the BCM were $165 when I was looking for my BCM rifle build. Ended up getting it for $152 on sale at Primary Arms.

Looks like SOLGW are normally $159 but market to $149 on their website. Not really a significant price difference. Still a toss up regarding quality. I would also toss in the option of a Toolcraft BCG at $79 instead: https://www.righttobear.com/Toolcraft-Phosphate-158-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-B-p/tooauto-011.htm

9. Gunsnguitars

Gunsnguitars

Well at least they are comparable to BCM, which is a brand I consider to be one of the gold standards. From what I have seen on each website, the SOLGW complete rifles are better priced, overall, and they do not skimp out on the parts or the QC. Plus I like their attitudes concerning our 2A.

I will reserve my final thoughts for afterwards, when I have owned the rifle for a while and put a couple thousand hard use rounds downrange. I'm going to shoot the heck out of it.

JONM78 likes this.
  10. nevernuffglock

nevernuffglock

I have a lower I want to build out, is this better than the BCM? Bcm comes with their grip, and NP3 coated. Really for only 20 more bucks too.

JONM78 likes this.
  11. Gunsnguitars

Gunsnguitars

BCM makes great products. I won't say either is better than the other.

JONM78 likes this.
  12. bigbrother1984

bigbrother1984

Hmmm. Maybe we should tell Jerry Miculek and his daughter about this company so they can get rid of their Smith and Wesson AR's. How in the world are they competing with inferior rifles???

Lt. Donn likes this.
  13. JONM78

JONM78

LOL! There's always one!

14. JONM78

JONM78

There's a reason BCM is highly recommended by those that have actually been in combat. Beyond furniture and trigger groups, which can easily be replaced, the BCM lower receiver is one of the best milspec forged receivers I have used. And believe me, they are all different.

Gunsnguitars and nevernuffglock like this.
  15. bigbrother1984

bigbrother1984

That's not an answer. It is likely these competitors put more rounds down range than any 10 soldiers combined.

16. nevernuffglock

nevernuffglock

Thanks, I think I will stick to BCM and maybe some spikes stuff for my build. BCM LPK with a spikes buffer tube kit and ST-T2 buffer.

Gunsnguitars and JONM78 like this.
  17. nevernuffglock

nevernuffglock

I don't know what they use, but I doubt they are using factory components. They are probably using Geissele triggers, and who knows what else.

Gunsnguitars likes this.
  18. JONM78

JONM78

LOL! They lubricate between every stage and don't shoot more than 8-15 targets per stage. And Miculek does not use a S&W M&P Sport-II at his competitions. He uses a custom S&W Performance Center tuned rifle: https://miculek.com/guns-gear/jerry-miculeks-gear/

I mean really...

Gunsnguitars likes this.
  19. Gunsnguitars

Gunsnguitars

It is also likely they have 10 different AR's given to them by S&W. Jerry is their paid poster boy competition shooter. Furthermore, I doubt if he is shooting their base model sport 15. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I have one myself and like it. It's a good rifle.

Is there something wrong with purchasing BCM or SOLGW? These are all American companies who specialize in what they do...Making great M4 rifles. Every SOLGW rifle is a custom rifle, and put together in a small shop by masters at what they do. Oh, and if there is any hint here that some of us are being gun snobs, my SOLGW patrol rifle cost me a grand total of $932 shipped with a 10% coupon code. Not cheap, but certainly not high end in the custom M4 world.

Not all AR's are the same, and parts lists alone do not make a rifle good or bad. There are many factors that make a good rifle.

20. FAS1

FAS1

They are great guys over there at SOLGW! The kind of people I would want to do business with, besides having a great product with excellent customer service.

[​IMG]