Any rule change with Civilian and Guardian?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TatonkaJack, Jul 17, 2007.

1. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

I was just re-reading my latest issue of the Glock Report and noticed a change I hadn't seen before. I don't know if it's a misprint/omission from my copy or if it's an actual change in the rules. In my 2006 issue ruling 170.70 states that if a competitor is eligible for both the Am. Civilian and Am. Guardian, they may only shoot ONE OR THE OTHER in any one match. Then I read in my 2007 issue that ruling 170.70 has been omitted entirely. Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm actually keeping my fingers crossed that it is in fact a rule change that I somehow missed, as I am eligible to shoot in the Guardian division, so this would mean more competition trigger time. Or are my hopes about to be smashed? Just wishful thinking.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

As far as I know, you still must choose one.

3. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

I'm sure any such deletion was accidental, not on purpose.

Allowing Guardians to shoot in Civilian was a legacy of the old prize system where the prizes in Civilian and Guardian were determined by the number of entries in them respectively. There were always more prizes in Civilian than Guardian.

Guardians had, and still have, the option to shoot in either Civilian OR Guardian, but if they shoot in one they could not and cannot shoot in the other at the same match.

Now with the new prize system where there is no longer any discrimination in awards between divisions, perhaps that rule should be re-thunk.

Either scrapped, requiring Civilians to shoot Civilian and Guardians to shooot Guardian.

Or perhaps extended even FURTHER. Allow Guardians to shoot BOTH Civilian AND Guardian AT THE SAME MATCH as an additional "perk" in further recognition of their service to us all.

Comments one way or the other, anyone?

:headscratch:

4. ede

ede

i like the idea of opening it up for more shooters but allowing one person to shoot in both classes seems odd, they are the same class other then the profession allowing one to shoot am guard. i'd like to see it opened up and a master guard class made with the same 10 shooter rule like MSub, not that i could shoot am or master guard.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I like it where you have a choice to shoot one or the other but not both in the same match. Afterall Amateures are allowed to shoot up to 6 categories per match.

Just my .02.

Don

6. Terminator

Terminator

Personally i like this idea.

I also like eds idea about the master guardian class.

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You don't want a Master Guardian class... :)

8. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

My reaction to the idea of a "Master Guardian" class is that we already have a class equivilent to Civ and Guard for the Masters - MasterStock. :) Whether a Civilian or a Guardian, a Master is a Master.

9. Terminator

Terminator

Id still like to see Guardians allowed to shoot both AG and AC though. Think of it from the GSSF stand point, it would mean more entries if people were willing to enter. :thumbsup:

10. Don At PC

My philosphy is this:IF IT"S FIXED, DON'T BREAK IT. Right now we have had several changes to digest. It doesn't seem to be too broken so let's not really break it. Leave it alone for now and let's digest the changes we already have.

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

My sense is that AG was originally a recognition to those who "put it on the line" in one form or another (and often don't actually get as much trigger time as alot of 'amateurs'). And as long as AC and AG shooters can only shoot one or the other at that match Guardians are still not limited in the divisions they can shoot either.

Frankly, I'm betting on a simple omission in the report but would recommend something really outside the box: calling GSSF at (770) 432-1202.

$.02: don't tweak this one.

:patriot:

12. JonInWA

JonInWA

I'd selfishly love to be able to compete in both Amateur Civilian and Amateur Guardian (by dint of being a retired Army officer) in the same match-that way, I'd compete in those two divisions and in the Competition division, as opposed to what I do currently (Am Civ, Am Comp, Master Stock-where, quite bluntly, my involvement particularly in Master Stock and somewhat in Am Comp is basically as a "warm up" for Am Civ; my chances of a high placing in either of these two categories is, shall we say, somewhat slim).

Best, Jon

13. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

I had no idea my question would start such a brush fire! I think I'll call GSSF or send an email. I'm sure it's just an accidental omission from my copy as I initially suspected.

14. Terminator

Terminator

Dont worry tatonkajack, this is just a friendly discussion. were all good friends here.:)

15. Don At PC

Brisk discussions among "Old Friends" are good for the mind.:thumbsup: :wavey: Having said that you really should contact GSSF for a definative answer.

16. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

It says Am Civ---OR---Guardian.

17. Don At PC

Now there you go throwing Logic into the discussion. :thumbsup: :wavey: