close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Residents of BOSTON that were there During the MANHUNT??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nalapombu, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Adjuster

Adjuster

I am only aware of one instance where residents were brought out of their home in cuffs and the home forcibly searched and it was because it was student residence and associates of the younger brother. All other homes were voluntarily given permission to search. And yes we have previously discussed this on the forum and there is even a video of it taken by a neighbor. In the video the neighbor is under the assumption that the innocent people of the home were forcibly removed and the home searched. It is later that we find out after the video goes viral that the people were actually suspects of harboring the younger brother.

/

2. Adjuster

Adjuster

Yes exactly. They had already previously had bombs thrown at them that failed to detonate.

/

3. CAcop

CAcop

I just realize a lot of drugs probably were carried out of the city or placed near toilets because even terrorists are smart enough not to go into ghettos. I would be surprised if the open air drug markets of Boston were a little more free when they were off chasing terrorists.

4. CAcop

CAcop

How many officers were there and what movements did the suspect make during the time of the shots?

5. Sharkey

Sharkey

Once again, a civilian was the one who found him but yeah, LE lit him up. I'm not the OP obviously and we will see what he says but I do have about 20yrs in LE. I didn't take an oath to lay down my life. I took an oath to uphold the Constitution. Big difference obviously.

Sure. Don't be a cop if you want folks to like you.

Well I dunno how he will answer but I will say that when we use emotion to determine the Constitutionality of our actions, we are already screwed.

I dunno, I wasn't there. Were you? I live in the Lone Star State but I also know the Feds lied about confiscating guns in NOLA during Katrina. They also screwed the pooch at Ruby Ridge and Waco so I find it real easy to believe LE would search a home without permission in violation of the Constitution. I can also see where they would cover it up or downplay their actions in a sue happy culture.

I try to keep my tinfoil off my head but I see how the Feds could view this as an indicator of just what the populace will allow when, not if, that time comes. It's a slippery slope and we are sliding down it.

6. BarkinDog

BarkinDog Millennium Member

There is no need to stretch the truth, there was what was called a "lockdown" and many people who had their homes searched did have their rights violated. No, was not accepted as refusal to have your home searched. Although compliance with the request to stay in was voluntary, the way it was announced and reported ( they called it an ORDER) did not give that impression, and because it hadn't happened before people thought they would be arrested if out on the road without proper reason.
    The "shelter in place" order covered a hugh area while they searched an area of Watertown ( a boston suburb) where bomber #2 was last seen. They didn't even search the yard where the bomber was hiding all the time. The home owner called the cops when he saw blood on the boat in his yard when he came out of his home after the order was lifted.
    All in all the shelter in place order did not need to be placed on such a large area. And yes, they caught the suspect but that doesn't mean it was all good police work. Anyone watching the report of the manhunt in Watertown could see there was a lot done wrong. The number of police in that area was ridiculous overkill, they were tripping over each other and some very sloppy gun handling.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  7. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

To the majority of Americans, The end justifies the means.

As long as the bomber is caught, who cares what rights are trampled on? Who cares if a militarized LE forcibly searches your property? If you ain't got nothin' to hide ...

:upeyes:

8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

This. There was more of a lockdown for the snowstorm in Febbuhrarry than the manhunt. During that, you could be charged for driving around.

(We don't have big cattle gates to put across our highways like they do in CO. In fact, aren't interstates on lockdown then?????)

:rofl::upeyes:

9. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Awwww, jeez.

Search function down again?

10. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Btw - whose family got blown to bits days before has no bearing on this situation.

11. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

What did the Feds lie about WRT Katrina?
    My understanding was that the city government ordered the confiscation, were sued by the NRA, and ordered by the court to return the weapons. If the Feds ordered the confiscations, why only in NO? Why not all affected areas of Louisiana and Mississippi?

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

12. ray9898

ray9898

You are right. It was merely the beginning. What mattered was the continued actions of the suspects during the manhunt that showed they were still an active and ongoing threat to the safety of the public.

13. eyelikeglasses

eyelikeglasses Hooah, Hooah.

:rofl: Really?!? That SOP? Just unload on the boat, in the hopes of setting off the explosives?:rofl:

14. eyelikeglasses

Way too many and I'm guessing, flatten himself into the floor.

15. eyelikeglasses

Well Bren, does calling it "Shelter In Place", justify it?

16. countrygun

countrygun

I recall the first interview with the guy who owned the boat, done by a local station and picked up by a network. I seem to remember him saying that they had searched the yard and looked in the boat earlier and he said he told the dispatcher "You had better have them come back"

17. racerford

racerford

Ok, so far we have had a lot of responses, and only one from someone that was in the Boston area at the time. Not one from the area that was in "lock down".

Do I have that right?

18. walt cowan

walt cowan

hey, there's a craft international guy missing a back pack.:whistling:

19. countrygun

countrygun

Could be because they just aren't the "Gun Forum" type :dunno:

20. walt cowan

walt cowan

the guy that wrote the crappy ending for bsg wrote the boston script too.