close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Recommendations for Red Dot Reflex Sight

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SoCalG35, Aug 18, 2012.

1. SoCalG35

SoCalG35

Hi I'm looking for a sight for my G35. Not sure if I should mount it on the slide or mount. In the future, I'd like to shoot open. Any suggestions and tips on what I should do?

Thanks,
    SoCalG35

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

Send your slide to Mark Housel at L&M Precision Gunworks.

He did my Glock 19C, my G21 Gen 4, and today, I just received my G35.........

Go with the Trijicon RMR; there's one in pretty much any flavor to make you happy. I hate relying on batteries, so I went with the 9 MOA Dual-Illuminated version that uses Tritium and Fiber Optics.

[​IMG]

3. GLW

GLW

I tried using a c-more STS mounted directly on the slide for use in GSSF Open division. The main problem I encountered was ejecting brass impacting the front of the sight and lens. Another problem is the added mass caused some reliability issues especially with lighter loads.

I solved both problems by moving the sight to a Carver Mount. This mount is specially designed for the micro sights like the STS and Doctor sights. It does not extend over the ejection port and improves the balance point of the gun. It requires no gunsmithing and can be installed or removed in a couple of minutes.

Give Bobby Carver a call. His customer service is second to none.

4. GLW

GLW

For a more in-depth discussion of this topic as well as pictures of my set up as well as others, check out my thread titled "Open Glock" on the GSSF forum. I hope this helps.

5. SoCalG35

SoCalG35

Thanks for the tips guys... After reading Grady's post on "Open Glock" I'm definitely going to consider the sight mount approach.

SoCalG35
    aka Eric