close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any pump or lever .22's with detacable box mags?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TED, Feb 20, 2010.

1. TED

TED Millennium Member

I would like to know if anyone knows of any pump or lever .22 rifles that have detachable box mags or at least not an under barrell tube mag. The reason I do not want an under barrell tube mag is that I have in mind a registered short barrel rifle set up for use with a suppressor.

I considered a Ruger 77/22 and a Browning T-bolt but I prefer the pump or lever action.

TED

2. bhk

bhk

For several years, Ruger made a lever action version of their 10/22. You should be able to find a used one.

3. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Ancient Member Millennium Member

Ruger 9622, in .22lr and .22 mag.

The .22lr version is discontinued but the 22 mag version is still being mad.

Got one and like it!

Ronaldo:cool:

4. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

Yep, this would be a good choice. Although those things are pretty expensive for what they are IMO.

5. ElevatedThreat

ElevatedThreat NRA Member

I believe that a pump-action, box-fed, external-hammer .22 would be the ideal rimfire hunting rifle.

When I hunt with a .22, cartridge management is a pain with most tube-fed designs. Seems like I am forever having to load and unload the chamber and tube, or else rely on the manual safety (which I do not like to do).

A pump gun with a detachable 5-round box magazine, external hammer, and a half-cock hammer-notch would be about the safest, most convenient gun design I can think of. Except no one makes one.

The rimfire hunter really needs something like the Henry pump-action .22, but with a real steel receiver, and a detachable box mag....

(And I want mine chambered in 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum!)

-ET

6. TED

TED Millennium Member

Hot dang! I forgot about the 96/22!! That is absolutely perfect for what I have in mind.

Thanks!!

TED